Ten Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of charm and innovation. A lot of worldwide spread modern solutions and fashion trends born here. Stylish bars and luxurious restaurants, notable cafes and pubs make this fascinating city a very desired holiday destination for travelers from all over the world. The friendly environment and natural beauty of this place encourage visitors to come and to enjoy all the amazing attractions that make Stockholm admirable. If you are looking for eco-friendly transport for discovering Stockholm you could take Segway.
Even the tourists with rich and long experience and hundreds of visited cities and towns will be excited with the Segway tour around Swedish capital. Travelling by bus, train or any other kind of public transport will hardly bring you such a pleasure as using Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm is a city of glory and adventure. As a big and up-to-date city the capital of Sweden has a great number attractions and amusement opportunities. Royal Palace is the residential building for the royal family and a good starting point. It will encourage you for exploring Stockholm. From the royal palace, you can go to the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands before it was a military base of Sweden, but now it is situated in the very heart of Stockholm.
This amazing tour includes all significant buildings of Stockholm, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. While planning the tour, think about a Segway for better comfort. A Segway trip is really exciting and grants a chance to see all the things closer. We have no doubts you have got interested in a Segway tour around Stockholm, right? Just take a look ten interesting facts about Segway and reserve a tour. And don’t undervalue these facts we’ve prepared for you, they are very informative.
10 surprising things about Stockholm Segway
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- The laurels of the Segway inventor belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- This creative two-wheeled rolling machine is manufactured by a company basing in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The word “Segue” was taken as a source for that uncommon name Segway. “Segue” is a noun and a synonym of “smooth transporting”. PT is simply an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s perfect balance lies in computers and engine put in the bottom main part of the vehicle. These smart electronics and motors make sure that Segway will not fall over when you switch it on.
- If you fear Segway controls – calm down, everything is very easy. Shift to the front or backwards and go forward or backwards.
- During the driving lean to the front or to the back to make speed higher or lower.
- The weight shifts are detected by special gyroscoping and level sensors.
- And for launching it, the driver should press the handlebar to the left or to the right.
- Electric motor can have quite incredible speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
A visit to Swedish capital is a great opportunity to check Segway on practice. You have no necessity in couch to master Segway, everything here is very easy to understand and you will promptly get how this fabulous vehicle works. But don’t forget to put on a helmet and to properly follow all safety instructions to be on the safe side.
There are only very few restrictions regarding Segway use. A user needs to be above twelve years of age to get permission for a Segway ride and the weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.