10 Amusing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most inventive capitals. A lot of worldwide spread modern technologies and culture trends appeared here. Trendy bars and luxurious restaurants, notable cafes and pubs make this old city a favorite holiday destination for travelers from different parts of the world. Talking about the things that people appreciate we would like to mention nice ambience, amazing nature and fine urbanscape. At the last, there is a great opportunity for discovering Stockholm on a comfortable and fast transport absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
We believe that you are an experienced roadster who has seen a lot of world points of interest, however tours with Segway in Stockholm will definitely become something new for you. A bus or a car will never replace Segway with its impressive simplicity and convenience.
You will definitely appreciate the sense of adventure of Stockholm. As a large and developed city the capital of Sweden has endless number of points of interest and entertainment facilities. Royal Palace is the home for the royal family and a good starting point. It will encourage you for discovering Stockholm. From the royal palace, you can move towards the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands long ago used to be a military point of Sweden, but now it is situated in the heart of Stockholm.
Almost all most popular buildings of the Swedish capital like Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be available in this tour. Segway is certainly the best mean of transport for such a tour. Going by a Segway is close to walking with one certain difference – you have higher speed. If you would like to read more about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the 10 interesting facts about the Segway that will give you a good idea about the trip. And our facts will make you understand why this Stockholm tour is so easy and why you will 100% enjoy it.
10 surprising facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT is an electric and eco-friendly vehicle that has a pair of wheels and uses power batteries.
- Dean Kamen from the USA is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This innovative two-wheeled vehicle is designed and made by the Segway Inc. That is located in New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway is derived from the word Segue which means “able to go smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the computers put into the foundation of the vehicle keeps the Segway upright while the power is being used. Such a technology lets keep the balance of Segway.
- A user’s command is required to make Segway go to the front and it can be done by the shifting the weight forward. As for the backward one needs to do exactly the same thing. But here you need to shift the weight backward on the platform.
- Having right balance, the Segway detects all changes in the meters and then maintains a proper speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- Fluid-based leveling and gyroscopic sensors record the weight shift.
- And for launching it, the user needs to press the handlebar to the left or right.
- The highest speed Segway can reach is 12.5 miles per hour which is really convenient for street driving.
A visit to Stockholm is a unique chance to check Segway on practice. One more important factor is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and handling it is very easy so that a total newbie can use it without any problems. But try not to forget to put on a helmet and to properly follow the instructions to be on the safe side.
There are only very few restrictions regarding Segway usage. One must be above 12 years to obtain the permission for this ride and his weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.