10 Fascinating Facts About Segway Stockholm
Beauty and inventiveness are the main characteristics of the Swedish capital. A great number of worldwide known up-to-date technologies and fashion trends born here. Incredible culture and rich history with charming cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a great place to visit. The warm ambience and natural look of the capital encourage visitors to come here and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties making Stockholm admirable. At the last, there is a great chance for exploring Stockholm on a convenient and fast vehicle absolutely harmless for the environment – Segway.
Even the tourists with rich and long experience and a great number of discovered cities will be amazed with the Segway tour around Swedish capital. Going by bus, train or any other kind of city transport will not bring you such a pleasure as going by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm is a capital of beauty and outstanding adventures. Here you will easily find all kinds of the entertaining things to make your travel enjoyable and amusing. Royal Palace is the residential building for the royal family and a good beginning point. It will encourage you for exploring Stockholm. The next waypoint could be famous Skeppsholmen Island. It was a military base but later evolved into a center of culture and arts of Stockholm and Sweden.
This fantastic trip includes in its route all memorable Stockholm buildings, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. This tour requires a flexible and simple transport solution like Segway. Using a Segway is almost like going on foot with one certain difference – you are much faster. We have no doubts you got interested in a Segway tour, aren’t you? Check ten amusing facts regarding Segway and reserve a tour. And our facts will make you realize why this trip is so easy and you will simply love it it.
10 surprising things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced personal transport that has two wheels and works on power batteries.
- Segway vehicle is invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- This unique two-wheeled vehicle is produced by a company located in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The word “Segue” acted as a root for that uncommon name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is just an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the computers used in the basic part of the machine makes the Segway vertical while the power is on. That helps maintain the balance of Segway.
- The controls are incredibly simple – lean to the front to go forward and lean the body back to go backwards, that’s it!
- During the ride lean to the front or to the back in order to make speed higher or lower.
- The leans are noticed by high-tech leveling and gyroscopic sensors.
- And for launching it, the driver should press the handlebar to the left or right.
- The highest possible speed Segway may achieve is 20 kph and it is very convenient for driving in a street.
A travel to Stockholm is a unique chance to try Segway in action. You have no necessity in any expert to drive Segway, everything here is very simple and you will promptly get how it works. But try not to forget to use a helmet and to follow the instructions to be on the safe side.
Segway trip is allowed for nearly everybody with some restrictions. A user must be above twelve years of age to get permission for such a ride and his maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.