10 Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and ingenuity are the most important characteristics of the Swedish capital. Only interested people know Stockholm as the capital where many inventions and trends appeared. People from different countries visit Stockholm to enjoy its historical heritage, culture and, of course, trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. Speaking about the things people adore we would like to mention very warm environment, exciting nature and great views. If you are looking for eco-friendly transport for discovering Stockholm you can choose Segway.
Even the tourists with long experience and thousands of discovered places will be excited with that Segway tour around Stockholm. No other transport can compare to the pleasure Segway can give.
You will definitely appreciate the adventurous ambience of Stockholm. As a big and well developed city Stockholm has numerous attractions sites and amusement facilities. Royal Palace is the residence for the Swedish royal family and a good beginning point. It will encourage you for further exploring Stockholm. The next waypoint can be the Skeppsholmen Island. It was a military base but later evolved into a center of culture and arts of Stockholm and Sweden.
This amazing tour includes all memorable buildings of Stockholm, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. While planning the trip, you could choose a Segway for better comfort. To be brief, Segway is a fantastic alternative to hiking – you have the same access level to everything but with much higher speed. We bet you have got interested in a Segway tour, aren’t you? Just take a look ten interesting facts about Segway and book a trip. Don’t think twice and check the facts – you will learn tons of new details there.
Ten amusing things about Stockholm Segway
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- The popularity and fame of the inventor of Segway belong to an American Dean Kamen.
- This ground-breaking 2-wheeled vehicle is produced by the Segway Inc. Located in New Hampshire.
- The unusual Segway has come from the word “Segue” meaning smooth moving. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- Segway has smart electronics and motor located in its main part, and that is why Segway never loses the balance when turned on.
- If you fear Segway controls – relax, it’s very simple. Shift forward or backwards and move forward or backwards.
- While balancing, the Segway notices the changes in the meters and then sets the proper speed, controled by leaning forward or backward.
- The leans are recorded by special leveling and gyroscopic sensors.
- Push the handlebar to the left or to the right to start Segway.
- The Segway PT can maintain the speed of 12.5 miles per hours and it is based on the electric motors that make the trip comfortable and easy.
A travel to Stockholm is a good chance to check Segway on practice. Another significant factor is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and controlling it is very easy and a total newbie can use it without much difficulties. However, strict following all safety instructions and putting a helmet is necessary all the time.
Almost everybody can drive Segway. A user must be above 12 years of age to obtain the permission for a Segway trip and the weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.