Ten Interesting Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most innovative capitals. A lot of globally popular modern solutions and fashion trends born here. Fantastic culture and rich history together with trendy restaurants and cafes make Stockholm a worthy place to visit. The warm ambience and natural beauty of the capital encourage tourists to come and to enjoy all the great things that make Stockholm admiring. If you are searching for eco-friendly mean of transport for exploring Stockholm you can select Segway.
It’s really great that you are a sophisticated roadster who has been to a lot of world attractions, but Segway tours in beautiful Stockholm will definitely be something new for you. No other kind of transport can substitute the pleasure Segway gives.
Stockholm is a center of glory and adventure. Here you will find all kinds of the entertaining things to make your trip unforgettable and exciting. You can start the tour from the Royal palace, the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most popular historic building of the old world. The next worthy site can be the Skeppsholmen Island. The island used to be a military post but then turned into a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
Almost all most famous buildings of Stockholm such as Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be available in this tour. Such a trip will be much better with a flexible and easy-to-use vehicle like Segway. To put it shortly, Segway is a very attractive alternative to hiking – you have exactly the same access degree to the points of interest but with much more speed and mobility. We have 10 amusing facts about Segway. Such a list will definitely help you select the right option. And the facts below will make you understand why this tour is so interesting and why you will 100% enjoy it.
Ten surprising things about Stockholm Segway
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- The Stockholm Segway was invented an engineer Dean Kamen.
- This creative two-wheeled rolling machine is produced by a company situated in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The unique name Segway was built on the basis of the word “Segue” meaning smooth moving. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s incredible balance lies in computers and engine that are located in the bottom part of the vehicle. They make sure that the vehicle does not lose balance when you switch it on.
- The controls are more than easy – lean to the front to go to the front and lean back to move back, and that’s it!
- Segway picks up the speed when you shift the weight forward and decreases the speed when you lean backward.
- Segway easily detects weight shifts with its fluid-based sensors – gyroscopic and leveling.
- And for making it run, one needs to press the handlebar to the left or to the right.
- The maximum speed Segway can achieve is 12.5 mph that is really convenient for driving in a street.
If you want to check and try Segway in action – go to Stockholm. You have no need couch to master Segway, everything is really simple and you will soon have a hunch on how the vehicle works. A special helmet and respect to safety instructions have incredible importance in all cases.
There are very few restrictions on Segway usage. Here are the requirements: a driver should be more than 12 years old and weigh not more than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.