Ten Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most innovative cities. A lot of globally spread hi-tech solutions and culture trends born here. Tourists from across the world come to Stockholm to explore its history, culture and trendy restaurants, bars and cafes. The friendly ambience and natural beauty of the capital encourage people to come and to enjoy all the great things making Stockholm admiring. One of the best attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an ecologically harmless two wheeler that helps you move fast and makes the tour much funnier.
Even the roadsters with rich experience and hundreds of visited cities will be steamed up with the Segway tour around Stockholm. No other kind of transport is able to compare to the feelings Segway gives.
One will definitely appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. As a big and up-to-date city Swedish capital has endless number of attractions and entertainment opportunities. The best site to start your tour around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with its great museums, jazz music and architecture will be a good choice for a second place to visit here in Stockholm.
This amazing trip includes in its route all significant buildings of Stockholm, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. Segway is definitely the most reasonable mean of transport for such a trip. A Segway tour is really amusing and provides an opportunity to see all the things closer. We have ten interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will definitely convince you to make the right choice. And don’t undervalue the facts prepared especially for you, all of them are really informative.
Ten surprising facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is an electric and eco-friendly vehicle which has two wheels and uses power batteries.
- Segway vehicle is invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- The brilliant vehicle manufacturer is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway was obtained from the word Segue which means “able to go smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- The “dark” secret of Segway’s incredible balance lies in motors and computers that are located in the lower main part of the vehicle. They make sure that Segway does not fall when you turn it on.
- The controls are more than easy – lean forward to drive forward and lean back to move back, that’s it!
- Segway increases the speed when you lean forward and decreases the speed when you do the opposite.
- Segway easily detects weight shifting with its fluid-based sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- To make the first move you need to press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- The highest speed Segway can have is 12.5 miles per hour and it is really convenient for street driving.
If you are going to come to Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to get pleasure from this awesome Segway tour. Finally, it is not that popular in other countries. Another significant factor is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and driving it is very easy and a total newbie can use it without much difficulties. A special helmet and respect to safety instructions have great importance in all cases.
Almost everyone has the right to use Segway. A user needs to be above 12 years of age to get permission for this ride and his or her weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.