10 Amusing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and invention are the most known characteristics of Stockholm. A lot of globally known hi-tech technologies and fashion trends born here. Tourists from different countries come to Stockholm to explore its history, culture and, of course, trendy restaurants, bars and cafes. There are lots of things making guests admire the capital of Sweden – charming nature, townscape and pleasant ambience. Moreover, there is a great chance for exploring the capital on a convenient and fast vehicle absolutely harmless for the environment – Segway.
Even if you have travelled many countries and might have a great understanding of the beauties of nature and elements of human culture, but Segway ride in Stockholm guarantees that you the unique experience. Going by train, bus or any other kind of public transport will not satisfy you much like using Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm has exciting ambience of adventure and beauty. As a large and up-to-date city Stockholm has endless number of attractions sites and entertainment opportunities. Royal Palace is the residential building for the royal family and a very convenient starting point. It will inspire you for further exploring Stockholm. From the royal residence, you can move towards the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land used to be a naval post of Sweden, but now it is situated in the very center of Stockholm.
Almost all most famous buildings of Stockholm like City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be present in this tour. Segway is definitely the best kind of transport for such a trip. Moving by a Segway is close to strolling with one certain difference – you can move faster. We bet you have got interested in a Segway tour, right? Just take a look those ten amusing facts about Segway and reserve a tour. Don’t wait and check the facts – you will find out tons of new things there.
Ten amusing facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced transport which has two wheels and works on power batteries.
- The laurels of the Segway inventor belong to an American Dean Kamen.
- The producer of the funky vehicle with 2 wheels is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway was obtained from the word Segue which means “able to drive smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the computers which are placed into the foundation of the machine makes the Segway vertical all the time while the power is on. That lets keep the balance of Segway.
- The controls are super simple – lean forward to drive to the front and lean back to go backwards, and that’s it!
- Segway picks up the speed when you shift the weight forward and lowers it when you shift back.
- Segway notices weight shifting with its fluid sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- Push the handlebar to the right or left to launch Segway.
- The highest possible speed Segway can achieve is 20 kph and it is really convenient for urban driving.
A trip to Stockholm is a unique chance to check Segway on practice. Another significant thing is that it is eco-friendly and driving it is very easy and simple so that a total beginner can handle it without any problems. A special helmet and respect to safety instructions have incredible importance anyway.
Almost everybody has the right to drive Segway. A driver must be above 12 years of age to get the permission for a Segway journey and his weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.