10 Fascinating Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most innovative world capitals. The majority of trends in fashion, music, technologies are invented here before becoming popular worldwide. Fantastic cultural heritage and fascinating history altogether with charming cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a worthy place to come to. There are many things making guests delight the capital of Sweden – charming nature, exciting cityscape and friendly atmosphere. One of the major attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an ecologically harmless two wheeler that creates a special feeling and makes the tour much funnier.
We believe that you are a sophisticated roadster who has seen a lot of world attractions, however tours with Segway around beautiful Stockholm will definitely become something totally new for you. Going by train, bus and by any other kind of transportation cannot bring you such a pleasure as going by Segway in Stockholm.
One will highly appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. Here you will find all kinds of the entertaining facilities to make your travel memorable and interesting. Royal Palace is the home for the “royal blood” and a very convenient beginning point. It will inspire you for discovering Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with its great museums, jazz music and architecture will perfectly suit as a second place to visit here in Stockholm.
In this trip, you will be able to see the Royal dramatic theatre, Parliament House, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the home where the Nobel Banquet is held that is the most famous building of the Swedish capital. Such a trip will be much better with a mobile and easy-to-use transport like Segway. To put it shortly, Segway is a fantastic alternative to going on foot – you have exactly the same access level to all attractions but with much higher speed. We are sure you have got interested in Stockholm tour with a Segway, aren’t you? Check out ten interesting facts regarding Segway and reserve a tour. And don’t underrate the facts prepared especially for you, they all are really useful and interesting.
Ten amusing facts about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- The popularity and fame of the Segway inventor belong to Dean Kamen.
- This creative wheeled vehicle is manufactured by a company situated in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The word “Segue” served as a source for the a bit strange name Segway. “Segue” is a noun and a synonym of “smooth transporting”. PT is nothing more but an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The machine has smart electronics and engine that are hidden in its base, and that is the reason why Segway never loses the balance while it is turned on.
- The controls are more than easy – lean forward to go forward and lean back to drive backwards, and that’s it!
- Having right balance, the Segway detects all the changes in the meters and then maintains the appropriate speed, controled by moving forward or backward.
- Segway notices weight shifts with its fluid sensors – gyroscopic and level.
- Press the handlebar to the left or right to start driving.
- Electric eco-friendly engine is able to have quite incredible speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
If you wish to check Segway on practice – go to Stockholm. Another important factor is that Segway is eco-friendly and handling it is very easy so that a total beginner can use it without any difficulties. But please don’t forget to wear a helmet and to follow all the instructions to avoid unneeded risk.
Nearly everybody can use Segway. One must be above 12 years of age to obtain permission for this journey and his or her maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.