10 Interesting Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most inventive world capitals. A great deal of globally spread up-to-date technologies and fashion trends born here. People from across the world visit Stockholm to explore its history, cultural background and, of course, trendy restaurants, bars and cafes. There are lots of things making people admire the capital of Sweden – beautiful nature, townscape and pleasant ambience. One of the best attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly 2-wheel transport that helps you move fast and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
You may have seen most part of the world and might have a great understanding of the nature beauties and human creation, but Stockholm Segway guarantees you the unique experience. Travelling by train, bus or any other source of transport will hardly satisfy you much like moving by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm has inimitable spirit of beauty and adventure. As a big and well developed city Swedish capital has a great number attractions and entertainment facilities. You can begin your trip from the Royal palace known as the home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most distinctive historic building of Europe. Skeppsholmen island with all its unparalleled architecture, jazz music and museums will be a good choice for the next point of interest to check in Stockholm.
This fantastic trip includes in its route all memorable Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. Segway is definitely the most sensible kind of transport for such a tour. Going by a Segway is almost like going on foot with one difference – you are much faster. If you would like to read more about Segway in Stockholm – check out the ten interesting Segway facts which can give you an idea about the tour. And our facts will make you realize why this tour is so easy and why you will 100% enjoy it.
10 amusing things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT design includes power batteries, two wheels and self-balancing technology.
- Dean Kamen from America is Segway inventor.
- The maker of the incredible vehicle moving on 2 wheels is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway is derived from the word Segue with the meaning “being able to move smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s perfect balance is tightly connected with computers and engine which are located in the bottom main part of the vehicle. They guarantee that Segway will not fall when you turn it on.
- The controls are super easy – lean to the front to go forward and lean the body back to go back, and that’s it!
- While balancing, the Segway records the changes in the meters and then sets the matching speed, controled by leaning forward or backward.
- Segway notices weight shifts with its fluid sensors – leveling and gyroscopic.
- To make the initial move you need to press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- The highest speed Segway may have is 12.5 mph that is very convenient for driving in a street.
If you wish to try Segway in real life – go to Stockholm. One more important factor is that Segway is eco-friendly and using it is very easy and simple and a total newbie can handle it without any difficulty. Anyway, following safety instructions and wearing a helmet is necessary all the time.
Segway is allowed for nearly everybody with some limitations. One needs to be above twelve years of age to get permission for this trip and his or her weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.