10 Astonishing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is one of the most inventive world cities. A great deal of worldwide known up-to-date solutions and fashion trends appeared here. Cool bars and luxurious restaurants, nice cafes, pubs make this fascinating city a very desired holiday destination for tourists from different parts of the world. The warm atmosphere and natural beauty of the capital encourage tourists to come here and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties that make Stockholm admirable. Moreover, there is a fantastic opportunity for discovering the city on a convenient and fast transport which is absolutely harmless for the environment – Segway.
Even the tourists with long experience and thousands of discovered places will be amazed with the Segway tour around Stockholm. No other kind of transport is able to substitute the feelings Segway gives.
You will highly appreciate the spirit of adventure of Stockholm. As a big and modern city the capital of Sweden has a great number attractions sites and amusement opportunities. Royal Palace is the home for the royal family and a great beginning point. It will inspire you for further exploring Stockholm. The next waypoint can be famous Skeppsholmen Island. This small piece of land surrounded with water was a military post but then turned into a cultural center of Stockholm and Sweden.
During this tour, you will see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the place of the Nobel Banquet which is the most popular building of the Swedish capital. Such a trip will be more convenient with a mobile and easy-to-use transport solution like Segway. A Segway trip is really funny and grants a chance to see all the things closer. We are sure you are now interested in a Segway tour around Stockholm, right? Check ten amusing facts regarding Segway and reserve a trip. Don’t wait and read our list of facts – you will find out tons of new information there.
10 amusing things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is an electric and eco-friendly vehicle that has a pair of wheels and works on power batteries.
- The Stockholm Segway is invented by Dean Kamen.
- This unique wheeled vehicle is manufactured by a company situated in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The specific word Segway is derived from the word Segue meaning “being able to move smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- The “dark” secret of Segway’s unbelievable balance is connected to computers and motor put in the bottom main part of the machine. They guarantee that the vehicle does not lose balance when you turn it on.
- The controls are incredibly simple – lean forward to move to the front and lean the body back to go backwards, and that’s the deal!
- Having right balance, the Segway notices the changes in the meters and then sets a matching speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- Segway notices weight shifting with its fluid-based sensors – leveling and gyroscopic.
- Push the handlebar to the right or left to launch Segway.
- The Segway PT can maintain the maximum of 12.5 miles per hours and it is based on the electric engine that make the street tour comfortable, safe and easy.
If you have plans to go to Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to get pleasure from this awesome trip. All in all, it is not available in other parts of the world. Segway is an ecologically friendly vehicle which has such advantages like easiness, relatively high, but safe speed and user friendly controls. A special helmet and safety instructions are incredibly important in all cases.
Almost everybody has the right to drive Segway. One must be above 12 years of age to obtain the permission for a Segway trip and his or her weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.