10 Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of beauty and innovation. A great deal of worldwide popular modern technologies and culture trends born here. Stylish bars and high-class restaurants, nice cafes, pubs all make this old city a very desired holiday destination for the people of different parts of the world. The warm ambience and natural beatiful of this city encourage tourists to come here and to enjoy all the great things that make Stockholm admiring. If you are looking for non-pollutant mean of transport for exploring Swedish capital you could choose Segway.
It’s really awesome that you are a sophisticated traveler who has been to a lot of world attraction sites, however tours with Segway in beautiful Stockholm will definitely become something totally new for you. No other kind of transport can compare to the pleasure Segway can give.
Stockholm is a center of glory and outstanding adventures. As a large and well developed city Stockholm has endless number of attractions sites and entertainment facilities. Royal Palace is the residence for the “royal blood” and a great starting point. It will encourage you for discovering Stockholm. From the royal palace, you can get to the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land used to be a naval point of Sweden, but now it is located in the very center of Stockholm.
During this trip, you will see the Royal dramatic theatre, Parliament House, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the place of the Nobel Banquet which is the most popular building of the Stockholm. While preparing a plan of the trip, consider doing it by a Segway for better speed and flexibility. Using a Segway is almost like going on foot with one certain difference – you can move faster. If you want to read more about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the ten interesting facts about the Segway that will give you a good glimpse about the tour. And don’t underrate the facts we have prepared especially for you, all of them are very useful and interesting.
Ten interesting things about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, a pair of wheels and self-balance technology.
- Segway vehicle is invented an engineer Dean Kamen.
- The producer of the incredible vehicle with 2 wheels is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The remarkable name Segway was obtained from the word Segue which means “able to move smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s incredible balance lies in motors and computers that are located in the bottom part of the vehicle. They guarantee that the vehicle does not fall over when you switch it on.
- If you feel fear about Segway controls – please relax, everything is incredibly simple. Lean to the front or to the back and thus move forward or backwards.
- During the ride lean to the front or lean back to make speed higher or lower.
- The leans are noticed by special gyroscoping and leveling sensors.
- Push the handlebar to the left or to the right to start Segway.
- The highest speed Segway may achieve is 20 kph that is incredibly convenient for driving in a street.
A visit to Swedish capital is a good opportunity to check Segway in action. Segway is an eco-friendly vehicle that has such advantages like simplicity, comfortable speed and self-intuitive controls. But try not to forget to put on a helmet and to follow the instructions to avoid unwanted risk.
Segway trip is allowed for almost everybody with some restrictions. One must be above 12 years of age to get the permission for a Segway ride and the weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.