10 Astonishing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most inventive cities. The majority of trends in music, fashion, design, innovations appeared here before they got popular worldwide. Fantastic cultural heritage and exciting history altogether with stylish restaurants and cafes make Swedish capital a good place to come to. The warm environment and natural look of this place encourage people to come and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties making Stockholm admiring. One of the best Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an eco-friendly 2-wheel transport that creates a special feeling and makes the tour much funnier.
Even the roadsters with long experience and a great number of discovered cities and towns will be steamed up with that Segway tour around Stockholm. Moving by bus, train or any other source of transport cannot bring you such a pleasure as driving Segway in Stockholm.
You will highly appreciate the atmosphere of adventure of Stockholm. Stockholm offers all types of amusement facilities for absolutely every visitor. You can begin your trip from the Royal palacewhich is famous home of the royal family. It’s one of the most distinctive historic building of the old world. From the royal palace, you can move to the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands long ago used to be a naval point of Sweden, but now it is located in the very heart of Stockholm.
Nearly all most significant buildings of the Swedish capital such as Royal Opera, Parliament House and City Hall will be available in this tour. While planning the trip, you could choose a Segway for better convenience. To put it shortly, Segway is a very attractive alternative to strolling – you have the same access degree to all attractions but with much higher speed. If you would like to know more information about Segway in Stockholm – check out the 10 funny facts about the Segway that can give you a good glimpse about the tour. And our facts will make you better understand why this trip is so interesting and how can you enjoy it as well.
Ten surprising things about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered vehicle with self-balance.
- The popularity and fame of the inventor of Segway belong to Dean Kamen.
- This unique two-wheeled personal vehicle is produced by a company located in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The specific word Segway was taken from the word Segue with the meaning “able to move smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the processor that are used in the foundation of the machine makes the Segway upright when the power is on. That helps maintain the balance of the vehicle.
- If you fear Segway controls – calm down, it’s very simple. Lean to the front or to the back and thus go forward or backwards.
- Segway picks up the speed when you lean forward and decreases the speed when you shift back.
- Segway notices weight shifts with its fluid sensors – gyroscopic and leveling.
- To make the initial move you need to press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- The maximum speed Segway may achieve is 12.5 miles per hour that is very convenient for street driving.
If you want to try Segway on practice – go to Stockholm. You have no necessity in any expert to master Segway, everything here is very easy to understand and you will quickly realize how this fabulous vehicle works. However, right following the manual and putting a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
Nearly everyone is allowed to use Segway. A driver should be above twelve years to get the permission for this trip and the weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.