Ten Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of charm and resourcefullness. All trends in arts technologies appeared in this city before they became popular worldwide. Outstanding culture and fascinating history altogether with trendy cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a great place to visit. Talking about the things that tourists appreciate we should mention pleasant ambience, amazing nature and fine urbanscape. If you are thinking about non-pollutant mean of transport for exploring Swedish capital you can take Segway.
We believe that you are an experienced traveler who has seen a great deal of world attraction sites, however tours with Segway around Stockholm will definitely be something totally new for you. Moving by train, bus or any other kind of city transport will not satisfy you much like moving by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm has inimitable atmosphere of adventure and beauty. Stockholm has any type of amusement facilities for absolutely every guest. You can begin your trip from the Royal palace known as the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most distinctive historic building of the old world. Skeppsholmen island with its unparalleled architecture, jazz music and museums will a good option as the next attraction site to see here in Stockholm.
This amazing trip includes in its route all significant Stockholm buildings, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. While preparing a plan of the tour, think about a Segway for better comfort. To put it shortly, Segway is a great alternative to strolling – you have totally the same access level to everything but with much higher speed. We have prepared ten interesting facts about Segway. They will definitely help you make the right choice. And these facts will make you better understand why this Stockholm tour is so interesting and you will simply love it it.
Ten surprising facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced personal transport which has 2 wheels and works using power batteries.
- Dean Kamen from America is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This ground-breaking 2-wheeled personal vehicle is produced by the Segway Inc. Located in New Hampshire.
- The unusual Segway comes of the word “Segue” that means smooth moving. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The electronics and the engine that are placed in the foundation of the vehicle makes the Segway vertical while the power is on. Such a technology helps keep the balance of the vehicle.
- If you are afraid of Segway controls – please relax, everything is incredibly easy. Lean to the front or backwards and drive forward or backwards.
- During the tour shift the weight to the front or lean back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Segway notices weight shifting with its fluid-based sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- Push the handlebar to the right or left to launch Segway.
- The Segway PT is able to have the maximum of 12.5 miles in an hour and it is driven by the electric motors that make the trip comfortable, safe and easy.
If you want to see and try Segway in real life – go to Stockholm. Segway is an ecologically harmless vehicle that has such benefits like easiness, convenient speed and intuitive controls. Anyway, following the manual and wearing a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
Segway is a vehicle allowed for nearly everybody with some limitations. A driver should be above 12 years of age to get the permission for a Segway trip and the weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.