Ten Astonishing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most inventive world cities. Very few people know that Stockholm is the capital where a lot of innovations and trends started. Outstanding cultural heritage and rich history with charming restaurants and cafes make Stockholm a worthy place to come to. The friendly atmosphere and natural beauty of this place encourage people to come here and to enjoy all the great things making Stockholm admiring. If you are thinking about eco-friendly mean of transport for discovering Stockholm you could select Segway.
Even the travelers with rich experience and hundreds of visited cities will be amazed with that Segway tour around Stockholm. No other transport is able to replace the pleasure Segway can give.
Stockholm is a city of beauty and adventure. Here you will easily find all kinds of the entertaining things to make your trip unforgettable and exciting. An awesome point to start your travel around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. From the royal residence, you can get towards the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands before it was a naval post of the Swedish fleet, but now it is located in the very heart of Stockholm.
In this trip, you will definitely see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the place of the Nobel Banquet that is the most popular building of the Stockholm. Segway is certainly the best solution for this tour. In a word, Segway is a very attractive alternative to going on foot – you have the same access level to the points of interest but with much more speed and flexibility. If you wish to learn more about Segway in Stockholm – check out the 10 surprising Segway facts that can give you an glimpse about the trip. And these facts will make you better understand why this trip is so interesting and you will love it.
Ten surprising things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, a pair of wheels and self-balance technology.
- The popularity and fame of the inventor of Segway belong to Dean Kamen.
- The manufacturer of the incredible vehicle based on 2 wheels is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The uncommon word Segway is derived from the word Segue meaning “being able to transport smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s incredible balance is connected to motors and computers which are located in the lower part of the machine. These smart electronics and motors make sure that Segway does not lose balance when you turn it on.
- The controls are super easy – lean forward to move forward and lean back to go back, and that’s it!
- During the driving shift to the front or lean back to make speed higher or lower.
- Segway easily detects weight shifts with its sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- To make the first move you need to press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- The highest speed Segway can achieve is 12.5 mph which is incredibly convenient for urban driving.
A travel to Swedish capital is a good chance to try Segway on practice. You don’t need teacher to drive Segway, everything here is really simple and you will promptly get how the vehicle works. However, strict following safety instructions and using a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
Segway is a machine allowed for nearly all with only few limitations. A driver should be above twelve years of age to obtain permission for a Segway journey and his or her weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.