Ten Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most innovative cities. A lot of globally popular modern technologies and fashion trends born here. Incredible cultural heritage and rich history together with charming cafes and restaurants make Stockholm a worthy place to visit. There are lots of things making guests admire the capital of Sweden – charming nature, exciting cityscape and pleasant environment. If you are looking for non-pollutant transport for exploring Swedish capital you can select Segway.
Even if you have been to most part of the world and might have experienced the beauties of nature and man-made miracles, but Segway ride in Stockholm guarantees that you the unique experience. Travelling by bus, train or any other source of transportation will not satisfy you much like riding Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm is a capital of glory and adventure. Here you will easily find all kinds of the entertaining facilities to make your travel unforgettable and interesting. The best point to begin your tour around Stockholm is the famous Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with its fascinating museums, jazz music and architecture will a good option as a second point of interest to check here in Stockholm.
During this tour, you will see the Royal dramatic theatre, Parliament House, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the place where the Nobel Banquet is held that is the most known building of the Stockholm. While preparing a plan of the tour, think about a Segway for better comfort. Moving by a Segway is close to walking with the only difference – you can move faster. We have no doubts you got interested in a Segway tour, aren’t you? Check ten interesting facts about Segway and book a trip. Don’t hesitate and check the facts – you will learn a great deal of new things there.
Ten surprising facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, two wheels and self-balancing technology.
- The laurels of the Segway inventor belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- The funky vehicle manufacturer is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The unique name Segway was built on the basis of the word “Segue” meaning smooth moving. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the motors put into the foundation of the vehicle keeps the Segway vertical while the power is being used. It lets provide the balance of the vehicle.
- A user’s command is necessary for making Segway drive to the front and it can be done by the shifting the weight forward. As for the backing you need to do exactly the same thing. But here you have to move the weight backward on the platform.
- During the ride lean to the front or to the back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Segway easily detects weight shifts with its fluid sensors – leveling and gyroscopic.
- Push the handlebar to the right or left to start Segway.
- The Segway PT can reach the speed of 12.5 mph and it is based on the electric engine that make the tour comfortable and easy.
If you want to try Segway in action – go to Stockholm. One more important factor is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and using it is very easy and a total beginner can use it without any difficulty. A helmet and following safety instructions are incredibly important anyway.
There are only few limitations regarding Segway usage. One needs to be above 12 years to get permission for such a trip and his or her weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.