Ten Astonishing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most resourceful world cities. Very few people know that Stockholm is the city where many innovations and trends were implemented. People from across the world visit Stockholm to enjoy its historical heritage, culture and trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. Talking about the things that tourists love we would like to mention nice ambience, exciting nature and fine views. Moreover, there is an outstanding chance for exploring the city on a comfortable and fast vehicle which is absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
We believe that you are a sophisticated roadster who has been to a lot of world points of interest, however tours with Segway in Stockholm will certainly become something new for you. A bus or a car are unable to substitute Segway with its flexibility and convenience.
Stockholm has unmatched atmosphere of adventure and beauty. Here you will easily find all kinds of the entertaining opportunities to make your trip unforgettable and amusing. An awesome point to begin your travel around Stockholm is the magnificent Royal palace. The next attraction site can be famous Skeppsholmen Island. The island used to be a military base but later evolved into a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
Nearly all most important buildings of the Swedish capital such as Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be available in this tour. Segway is definitely the best mean of transport for this tour. A Segway tour is very amusing and gives you a chance to see all the things closer. We have made up ten interesting facts about Segway. They will certainly help you choose the right option. Don’t think twice and read the facts – you will learn tons of new information there.
10 interesting things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced transport that has two wheels and uses power batteries.
- The Stockholm Segway is invented by Dean Kamen.
- This innovative two-wheeled vehicle is produced by the Segway Inc. Located in New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” acted as a source for the very unusual name Segway. “Segue” is a noun and a synonym of “smooth transporting”. PT is nothing more but an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the engine which are used in the foundation of the vehicle keeps the Segway upright when the power is turned on. It helps maintain the right balance of Segway.
- The controls are incredibly simple – lean to the front to go to the front and lean back to drive back, that’s it!
- During the ride lean to the front or lean back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- The weight shifts are noticed by special gyroscoping and level sensors.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- Electric eco-friendly engine lets reach convenient speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
If you wish to try Segway on practice – go to Stockholm. One more significant thing is that it is eco-friendly and using it is very easy so that a total newbie can handle it without much difficulties. Anyway, proper following instructions and putting a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
Segway is a vehicle allowed for nearly all with only few restrictions. A driver must be above twelve years of age to obtain permission for such a ride and the weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.