10 Amusing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Glory and invention are the main characteristics of Stockholm. Only interested people know that Stockholm is the city where numerous inventions and trends started. Tourists from across the world come to Stockholm to explore its historical heritage, cultural background and trendy cafes, bars and restaurants. Speaking about the things people adore we would like to mention very warm environment, exciting nature and great urbanscape. One of the main attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an ecologically harmless 2-wheel transport that creates a special feeling and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
We believe that you are an experienced tourist who has seen an endless numer of world attractions, however tours with Segway around beautiful Stockholm will definitely become something new for you. No other vehicle is able to compare to the pleasure Segway gives.
You will certainly appreciate the spirit of adventure of Stockholm. As a large and up-to-date city Stockholm has a great number attractions sites and amusement opportunities. You can start the tour from the Royal palace, the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most well-known places of Europe. From the royal home, you can go to the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land before it was a military post of Sweden, but now it is situated in the very heart of Stockholm.
This amazing trip includes in its route all famous buildings of Stockholm, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. This trip needs a mobile and easy-to-use transport like Segway. To put it shortly, Segway is a great alternative to strolling – you have the same access level to the points of interest but with much more speed and mobility. We have 10 amusing facts about Segway. They will certainly help you choose the right option. And don’t underestimate these facts we’ve prepared for you, they all are really useful and interesting.
10 amusing facts about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered vehicle with self-balance.
- The Stockholm Segway is invented an engineer Dean Kamen.
- The amazing vehicle manufacturer is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway was obtained from the word Segue with the meaning “being able to go smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s unbelievable balance lies in motors and computers which are located in the lower part of the machine. These smart electronics and motors guarantee that Segway will not lose balance when you turn it on.
- The controls are incredibly simple – lean to the front to move to the front and lean the body back to move back, that’s it!
- During the tour shift the weight to the front or lean back to increase or decrease speed.
- Segway notices weight shifting with its fluid sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- The Segway PT is able to have the maximum of 12.5 mph and it is based on the electric engine that make any street tour comfortable, safe and easy.
A travel to Stockholm is a very good chance to check Segway in action. You have no necessity in teacher to master Segway, everything here is really simple and you will soon realize how the vehicle works. A helmet and respect to safety instructions are very important in all cases.
Segway trip is allowed for almost all with only few restrictions. A driver must be above 12 years to obtain the permission for a Segway ride and the weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.