10 Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of charm and resourcefullness. The majority of trends in fashion, music, innovations, design appeared in this city before they got popular worldwide. Stylish bars and fabulous restaurants, nice cafes, pubs make this old city a favorite holiday destination for tourists from different parts of the world. There are many things making guests delight Stockholm – charming nature, exciting cityscape and pleasant environment. One of the major attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly two wheeler that brings much pleasure when driving and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
Even the roadsters with long experience and thousands of discovered cities will be steamed up with the Segway tour around Stockholm. No other transport can replace the feelings Segway gives.
Stockholm has inimitable ambience of adventure and beauty. Stockholm can offer absolutely any kind of entertainment for the most picky visitor. The best site to start your tour around Stockholm is worldwide known Royal palace. The next point to stop can be famous Skeppsholmen Island. It used to be a military post but later evolved into a cultural center of Stockholm and Sweden.
Almost all most important buildings of the Swedish capital such as Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be present in this tour. This tour will be more convenient with a flexible and simple transport solution like Segway. Driving a Segway is close to going on foot with one difference – you are much faster. We bet you are now interested in Stockholm tour with a Segway, aren’t you? Check out those ten interesting facts regarding Segway and book a journey. And our facts will make you realize why this Stockholm tour is so interesting and how can you enjoy it as well.
Ten interesting things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, a pair of wheels and technology of self balancing.
- The Stockholm Segway is invented by Dean Kamen.
- This ingenious two-wheeled vehicle is manufactured by the Segway Inc. That is situated in New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” acted as a source for that a bit strange name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is nothing more but an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The machine has motor and electronics that are hidden in its base, and this is the reason why Segway does not lose its balance when turned on.
- If you feel fear about Segway controls – please relax, everything is really easy. Lean forward or backwards and thus move forward or backwards.
- Segway increases the speed when you lean forward and lowers it when you shift back.
- Fluid gyroscopic and leveling sensors detect the weight movement.
- And for launching Segway, the driver should press the handlebar to the right or left.
- The maximum speed Segway can achieve is 12.5 miles per hour that is really convenient for street driving.
If you want to try Segway on practice – go to Stockholm. You have no need couch to master Segway, everything here is really easy to understand and you will promptly realize how it works. But please don’t forget to put on a helmet and to follow all safety instructions to avoid any risk.
Nearly everyone can drive Segway. Actually the limitations concern age and weight only – the minimum age is 13 and the maximum weight is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.