Ten Fascinating Facts About Segway Stockholm
Beauty and inventiveness are the most important characteristics of Stockholm. Only interested people know Stockholm as the capital where many trends and innovations were implemented. Incredible cultural background and exciting history altogether with stylish cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a good place to come to. Speaking about the things that tourists appreciate we should mention pleasant environment, exciting nature and great urbanscape. Finally, there is an outstanding opportunity for exploring the capital on a convenient and fast transport absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
It’s really great that you are a sophisticated tourist who has been to a lot of world points of interest, however tours with Segway in Stockholm will certainly become something new for you. Moving by train, bus or any other kind of transport will not bring you such a pleasure as moving by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm has unmatched spirit of beauty and adventure. Stockholm has all kinds of amusement facilities for every tourist. The best place to begin your tour around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. The next attraction site could be famous Skeppsholmen Island. This small piece of land lost among water was a military post but then became a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
In this tour, you will definitely see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the home of the Nobel Banquet which is the most popular building of the Stockholm. While planning this tour, you could choose a Segway for better speed and flexibility. Driving a Segway is nearly equal to walking with one certain difference – you can move faster. If you want to read more about Segway in Stockholm here are the 10 interesting facts about the Segway that will give you a better idea about the tour. And don’t underrate the facts we have prepared especially for you, they are very useful and interesting.
Ten amusing facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, two wheels and technology of self balancing.
- The popularity and fame of the Segway inventor belong to Dean Kamen.
- This creative wheeled vehicle is manufactured by a company situated in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The specific word Segway was taken from the word Segue which means “able to go smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- The machine is equipped with motor and electronics that are hidden in its basic part, and this is the reason why Segway does not lose its balance when turned on.
- A user’s action is required to make Segway move to the front and it can be achieved by the putting the weight to the front. As for the backward you need to do the same thing. But here you have to shift the weight back to the platform.
- During the ride shift the weight to the front or to the back to increase or decrease speed.
- Fluid leveling and gyroscopic sensors detect the weight shift.
- And for starting in, the user needs to press the handlebar to the left or right.
- The Segway PT is able to achieve the maximum of 12.5 mph and it is based on the electric motors that make the tour comfortable, safe and easy.
A travel to Stockholm is a great chance to try Segway in action. You have no necessity in any expert to drive Segway, everything is very easy to understand and you will promptly have a hunch on how this fabulous vehicle works. A helmet and following safety instructions have incredible importance in all cases.
Segway trip is allowed for almost everybody with only few limitations. One must be above twelve years to obtain the permission for a Segway trip and the weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.