10 Interesting Things About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and invention are the most known characteristics of Stockholm. A lot of globally popular up-to-date solutions and fashion trends appeared here. Outstanding cultural heritage and rich history altogether with trendy restaurants and cafes make Stockholm a good place to visit. There are many things making tourists admire the capital of Sweden – beautiful nature, townscape and friendly atmosphere. One of the main attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly two wheeler that creates a special feeling and makes your travel funnier.
Even if you have been to dozens of cities and countries and might have enjoyed a great deal of the nature beauties and man-made miracles, but Segway ride in Stockholm guarantees that you the unique experience. No other transport is able to substitute the pleasure Segway gives.
You will highly appreciate the adventurous ambience of Stockholm. Here you will easily find all kinds of the entertaining things to make your trip enjoyable and interesting. Royal Palace is the residential building for the royal family and a great beginning point. It will inspire you for discovering Stockholm. From the royal home, you can get towards the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land before it was a military base of the Swedish fleet, but now it is located in the heart of Stockholm.
Almost all most significant buildings of Stockholm like Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be available in this tour. While preparing a plan of the Stockholm tour, think about a Segway for better convenience. A Segway trip is really funny and provides an opportunity to see all the things closer. We bet you are now interested in a Segway tour around Stockholm, aren’t you? Check out those ten amusing facts about Segway and book a trip. And don’t underrate these facts prepared especially for you, they all are really informative.
10 interesting things about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, a pair of wheels and self-balancing technology.
- The Stockholm Segway was invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- This ground-breaking two-wheeled personal vehicle is manufactured by the Segway Inc. That is located in New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” was used as a source for that outstanding name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is simply an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s incredible balance is tightly connected with computers and engine put in the lower part of the vehicle. They make sure that Segway does not fall over when you turn it on.
- The controls are super simple – lean to the front to move forward and lean back to go backwards, and that’s the deal!
- While balancing, the Segway notices all changes in the meters and then sets the matching speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- Segway easily detects weight shifting with its sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- Press the handlebar to the left or right to start Segway.
- The highest speed Segway can reach is 20 kph that is incredibly convenient for street driving.
If you have plans to visit Stockholm, use a great opportunity to experience this unique Segway trip. Finally, it is not that popular in every corner. One more important factor is that Segway is eco-friendly and controlling it is very easy and simple and a total newbie can use it without much difficulty. A helmet and following safety instructions are incredibly important anyway.
Segway is a machine allowed for all with some restrictions. A driver must be above 12 years of age to get permission for a Segway trip and his or her weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.