Ten Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is one of the most innovative capitals. A lot of globally known up-to-date technologies and culture trends born here. Guests from different countries visit Stockholm to see its historical heritage, cultural background and trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. There are lots of things making guests admire the capital of Sweden – beautiful nature, cityscape and pleasant atmosphere. Moreover, there is an outstanding chance for discovering Stockholm on a comfortable and fast transport absolutely harmless for the environment – Segway.
Even if you have travelled many cities and might have enjoyed a great deal of the beauties of nature and man-made miracles, but when it comes to Segway Stockholm you the unique experience. No other transport is able to compare to the feelings Segway can give.
Stockholm has exciting atmosphere of beauty and adventure. Here you will find all kinds of the entertaining opportunities to make your travel enjoyable and exciting. A great site to begin your tour around Stockholm is the magnificent Royal palace. From the royal home, you can go to the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands used to be a naval point of the Swedish fleet, but now it is located in the very center of Stockholm.
Almost all most important buildings of the Swedish capital like Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be included in this tour. While preparing a plan of the tour, think about a Segway for better convenience. To be brief, Segway is a fantastic alternative to walking – you have exactly the same access to all attractions but with much higher speed. We have 10 interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will definitely persuade you to make the right choice. And the facts below will help you understand why this Stockholm tour is so easy and you will simply love it it.
10 amusing things about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, two wheels and self-balance technology.
- Dean Kamen is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- The maker of the fantastic vehicle with two wheels is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The unique name Segway was built on the basis of the word “Segue” which means smooth moving. And the PT is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- Segway has engine and computers which are hidden in its basic part, and this is why Segway does not lose the balance when turned on.
- The controls are super easy – lean to the front to drive forward and lean the body back to move back, and that’s the deal!
- Segway speeds up when you lean forward and lowers it when you shift back.
- Segway quickly detects weight shifting with its sensors – gyroscopic and level.
- And for launching Segway, the driver should press the handlebar to the right or left.
- The Segway PT can maintain the maximum of 12.5 miles in an hour and it is based on the electric engine that make any street tour comfortable and easy.
If you are going to come to Stockholm, try to get pleasure from this exclusive Segway tour. All in all, it is not that popular in every corner. Another important factor is that Segway is absolutely eco-friendly and driving it is very easy and simple so that a complete beginner can handle it without any difficulty. However, strict following instructions and wearing a helmet is necessary all the time.
Segway is a machine allowed for nearly everybody with only few restrictions. A driver must be above 12 years of age to obtain the permission for such a journey and his or her maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.