10 Amusing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the capital of charm and invention. Very few people know Stockholm as the place where a lot of trends and innovations appeared. Trendy bars and fabulous restaurants, cozy cafes and pubs make this historic city a very desired holiday destination for the people of all over the world. The friendly atmosphere and natural look of this city encourage tourists to get here and to enjoy all the great things that make Stockholm admirable. If you are thinking about non-pollutant mean of transport for discovering Swedish capital you could take Segway.
Even the travelers with rich experience and thousands of discovered cities will be amazed with that Segway tour around Swedish capital. No other vehicle can replace the emotions Segway gives.
Stockholm has exciting spirit of beauty and adventure. As a large and up-to-date city Swedish capital has a great number points of interest and entertainment facilities. An awesome point to start your walk around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with all its fantastic architecture, jazz music and museums will perfectly suit as the next point of interest to see here in Stockholm.
Almost all most famous buildings of the Swedish capital such as Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be present in this tour. While preparing a plan of this tour, consider doing it by a Segway for better comfort. Using a Segway is close to going on foot with the only difference – you can move faster. If you want to learn more about Segway in Stockholm here are the ten interesting Segway facts which will give you a better idea about the tour. Don’t hesitate and check our list of facts – you will find out a lot of new information there.
10 surprising things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, a pair of wheels and self-balancing technology.
- Dean Kamen from America is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This unique wheeled vehicle is produced by a company situated in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The remarkable word Segway was obtained from the word Segue which means “able to move smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the engine which are used in the foundation of the vehicle makes the Segway upright all the time while the power is being used. It helps keep the balance of Segway.
- A user’s action is required to make Segway go forward and it can be done by the putting the weight forward. As for the reverse one needs to do exactly the same thing. But in this case you need to move the weight back to the platform.
- While balancing, the Segway detects the changes in the meters and then maintains the appropriate speed, controled by leaning forward or backward.
- The weight shifts are recorded by high-tech leveling and gyroscopic sensors.
- Push the handlebar to the left or to the right to launch Segway.
- The maximum speed Segway can achieve is 12.5 mph that is incredibly convenient for driving in a street.
If you have plans to visit Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to get pleasure from this exclusive Segway tour. Finally, it is not that accessible in other countries. Segway is an eco-friendly transport with such strong points like simplicity, comfortable speed and user friendly controls. However, strict following instructions and wearing a helmet is absolutely necessary.
Almost everybody has the right to drive Segway. A driver should be above 12 years to get permission for a Segway trip and his weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.