Ten Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most inventive world cities. A lot of worldwide known modern solutions and culture trends born here. Cool bars and fabulous restaurants, notable cafes and pubs make this fascinating city a very desired holiday destination for the people of different parts of the world. Speaking about the things tourists appreciate we would like to mention very warm environment, amazing nature and fine views. Finally, there is a fantastic chance for exploring the city on a comfortable and fast vehicle totally harmless for the environment – Segway.
It’s really great that you are a sophisticated traveler who has seen a lot of world attractions, however Segway tours around beautiful Stockholm will certainly become something new for you. A bus or a car will never substitute Segway with its impressive simplicity and convenience.
You will definitely appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. As a large and well developed city Stockholm has a great number attractions and amusement facilities. You can begin your tour from the Royal palace known as the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most well-known places of Europe. Skeppsholmen island with all its great architecture, jazz music and museums will a good option as a second place of interest to visit in Stockholm.
Nearly all most popular buildings of the Swedish capital such as City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be included in this tour. Such a tour will be more convenient with a flexible and easy-to-use transport like Segway. To put it shortly, Segway is a great alternative to going on foot – you have the same access level to all attractions but with much more speed and flexibility. We have prepared 10 interesting facts about Segway. They will certainly persuade you to choose the right thing. Don’t wait and read the facts – you will find out a lot of new information there.
10 interesting facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced vehicle that has 2 wheels and uses power batteries.
- Dean Kamen from America is Segway inventor.
- This creative two-wheeled personal vehicle is produced by a company situated in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The unusual Segway comes of the word “Segue” meaning smooth moving. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s perfect balance is connected to motors and computers put in the bottom part of the machine. They make sure that Segway does not fall when you turn it on.
- The controls are more than simple – lean forward to drive forward and lean back to go back, and that’s it!
- During the ride shift to the front or lean back to increase or decrease speed.
- Fluid-based gyroscopic and leveling sensors notice the weight movement.
- To make the first move press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- Electric engine lets reach convenient speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
A travel to Stockholm is a unique opportunity to try Segway on practice. One more significant thing is that it is eco-friendly and when it comes to handling it is very easy and a complete beginner can use it without much difficulties. However, following safety instructions and using a helmet is absolutely necessary.
Almost everybody is allowed to use Segway. A user must be above 12 years of age to obtain the permission for a Segway trip and his or her maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.