10 Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the capital of charm and innovation. The majority of trends in music, fashion, innovations, design are invented here before they got popular worldwide. Cool bars and fabulous restaurants, notable cafes, pubs all make this fascinating city a very desired holiday destination for tourists from all over the world. The friendly ambience and natural beatiful of the capital encourage people to get here and to enjoy all the amazing attractions making Stockholm admiring. Finally, there is an outstanding opportunity for exploring the city on a convenient and fast vehicle which is absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
You may have travelled many cities and might have enjoyed a great deal of the nature beauties and elements of human culture, but when it comes to Segway Stockholm you the unique experience. No other kind of transport is able to substitute the emotions Segway gives.
You will certainly appreciate the spirit of adventure of Stockholm. As a large and up-to-date city Stockholm has numerous attractions sites and amusement facilities. Royal Palace is the residential building for the Swedish royal family and a great starting point. It will inspire you for discovering Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with all its exciting museums, architecture and jazz music will perfectly suit as the next place to see in Stockholm.
Almost all most significant buildings of the Swedish capital such as Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be present in this tour. This tour requires a flexible and easy-to-use vehicle like Segway. A Segway tour is really exciting and gives you a chance to see the things closer. We are sure you got interested in Stockholm tour with a Segway, aren’t you? Check those ten interesting facts about Segway and book a trip. Don’t think twice and read the facts – you will get lots of new things there.
10 surprising things about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- The Stockholm Segway was invented by Dean Kamen.
- This creative two-wheeled personal vehicle is manufactured by a company situated in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The remarkable word Segway was taken from the word Segue which means “able to go smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- Segway is equipped with engine and electronics located in its basic part, and that is why Segway never loses the balance while it is turned on.
- The controls are super easy – lean to the front to go to the front and lean back to move backwards, and that’s it!
- During the ride shift to the front or to the back in order to make speed higher or lower.
- Fluid-based leveling sensors and the gyroscopic sensors notice the weight movement.
- And for launching Segway, the user needs to press the handlebar to the left or right.
- The highest speed Segway can have is 12.5 mph which is really convenient for street driving.
If you wish to try Segway in real life – go to Stockholm. One more significant thing is that Segway is eco-friendly and using it is very easy so that a complete newbie can handle it without much difficulties. A special helmet and respect to safety instructions are very important in all cases.
There are very few restrictions on Segway use. One should be above 12 years to get the permission for such a journey and his maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.