Ten Surprising Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most inventive world cities. Very few people know that Stockholm is the city where numerous inventions and trends appeared. Trendy bars and luxurious restaurants, notable cafes and pubs all make this old city a desired holiday destination for tourists from different parts of the world. The warm environment and natural beauty of this place encourage visitors to get here and to enjoy all the amazing attractions that make Stockholm admiring. One of the major attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly two wheeler that creates a special feeling and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
It’s really great that you are an experienced roadster who has seen an endless numer of world attractions, but tours with Segway around Stockholm will definitely be something new for you. Travelling by train, bus or any other source of city transport will hardly satisfy you much like going by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm has exciting atmosphere of adventure and beauty. As a large and developed city Swedish capital has numerous points of interest and entertainment facilities. You can start the tour from the Royal palace known as the home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most distinctive attractions of Europe. From the royal palace, you can go towards the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land used to be a military post of Sweden, but now it is situated in the very center of Stockholm.
During this trip, you will be able to see the Royal dramatic theatre, Parliament House, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the place of the Nobel Banquet which is the most known building of the Swedish capital. Segway is definitely the best kind of transport for this tour. To put it shortly, Segway is a very attractive alternative to hiking – you have the same access to everything but with much more speed and flexibility. We have 10 cool facts about Segway. They will certainly persuade you to make the right choice. Don’t wait and check the facts below – you will find out lots of new things there.
10 interesting things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is an electric and eco-friendly transport which has 2 wheels and uses power batteries.
- Dean Kamen from the USA is Segway inventor.
- The brilliant vehicle maker is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The strange name Segway comes of the word “Segue” meaning smooth motion. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The machine has smart electronics and motor that are hidden in its main part, and this is the reason why Segway does not lose the balance when it is turned on.
- If you worry about Segway controls – relax, it’s incredibly easy. Shift to the front or backwards and go forward or backwards.
- During the driving lean to the front or lean back to make speed higher or lower.
- Fluid-based gyroscopic and leveling sensors notice the weight shift.
- And for making it run, one should press the handlebar to the left or right.
- The Segway PT can reach the speed of 12.5 miles per hours and it is driven by the electric engine making any trip comfortable and easy.
If you wish to see and try Segway in action – go to Stockholm. Another important factor is that it is eco-friendly and using it is very easy so that a newbie can handle it without much problems. A helmet and respect to safety instructions are very important anyway.
Segway is a vehicle allowed for everybody with some limitations. A user should be above twelve years to get permission for a Segway trip and his weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.