10 Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Glory and invention are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. The majority of trends in arts technologies are invented here before they became popular in the world. People from across the world visit Stockholm to enjoy its historical heritage, culture and trendy cafes, bars and restaurants. Talking about the things people appreciate we would like to mention very warm environment, exciting nature and great views. One of the major Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an eco-friendly two wheeler that creates a special feeling and makes your travel funnier.
You might have been to most part of the world and may have enjoyed a great deal of the beauties of nature and elements of human culture, but when it comes to Segway Stockholm you the unique experience. No other kind of transport can substitute the emotions Segway can give.
Stockholm has exciting atmosphere of adventure and beauty. Here you will find all kinds of the entertaining things to make your trip enjoyable and amusing. You can start your tour from the Royal palacewhich is famous home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most popular attractions of Europe. From the royal home, you can move towards the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands used to be a military base of the Swedish fleet, but now it is situated in the heart of Stockholm.
In this trip, you will see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the place where the Nobel Banquet is held which is the most popular building of the Swedish capital. This trip will be much better with a mobile and simple vehicle like Segway. To put it shortly, Segway is a fantastic alternative to going on foot – you have totally the same access degree to everything but with much more speed and mobility. If you wish to read more information about Segway in Stockholm here are the 10 funny facts about the Segway which will give you an idea about the trip. And these facts will make you realize why this trip is so interesting and how can you enjoy it as well.
Ten surprising facts about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced vehicle which has two wheels and uses power batteries.
- Dean Kamen is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This ground-breaking two-wheeled personal vehicle is designed and made by the Segway Inc. Located in New Hampshire.
- The unique name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” which means smooth motion. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the processor which are placed into the base of the machine keeps the Segway upright when the power is being used. It helps provide the right balance of the vehicle.
- The controls are super easy – lean to the front to drive to the front and lean the body back to drive back, and that’s the deal!
- Having right balance, the Segway notices all the changes in the distance and then sets the appropriate speed, controled by leaning forward or backward.
- Fluid-based leveling and gyroscopic sensors detect the weight movement.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- Electric eco-friendly engine lets have quite incredible speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
A visit to Swedish capital is a very good chance to try Segway in action. Another important thing is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and using it is very easy and simple so that a complete newbie can handle it without much problems. But don’t forget to use a helmet and to properly follow the instructions to be on the safe side.
Nearly everyone has the right to use Segway. Here are the requirements: a driver should be more than 12 years old and weigh not more than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.