Ten Fascinating Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most innovative world capitals. Only interested people know that Stockholm is the place where a lot of trends and innovations were implemented. Guests from across the world come to Stockholm to see its history, culture and trendy cafes, bars and restaurants. There are many things making tourists admire Stockholm – charming nature, exciting cityscape and pleasant atmosphere. One of the best attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly 2-wheel transport that creates a special feeling and makes your travel funnier.
Even if you have been to dozens of cities and countries and may have enjoyed a great deal of the nature beauties and elements of human culture, but Stockholm Segway guarantees you the unique experience. No other transport is able to replace the pleasure Segway can give.
One will certainly appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. As a large and well developed city Stockholm has a great number attractions and entertainment opportunities. Royal Palace is the home for the Swedish royal family and a very convenient starting point. It will inspire you for exploring Stockholm. The next point to stop can be the Skeppsholmen Island. The island used to be a military base but later evolved into a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
During this trip, you will be able to see the Royal dramatic theatre, Parliament House, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the home of the Nobel Banquet which is the most popular building of the Stockholm. While planning the trip, you could choose a Segway for better comfort. Going by a Segway is very close to walking with the only difference – you can move faster. We bet you are now interested in Stockholm tour with a Segway, right? Just take a look ten interesting facts about Segway and book a journey. Don’t hesitate and read the facts – you will find out a lot of new details there.
10 surprising facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced transport that has a pair of wheels and uses power batteries.
- Segway vehicle was invented an engineer Dean Kamen.
- The producer of the fantastic vehicle with two wheels is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” was used as a root for the uncommon name Segway. “Segue” is a noun and a synonym of “smooth transporting”. PT is just an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The “dark” secret of Segway’s unbelievable balance is connected to motors and computers put in the bottom main part of the vehicle. They make sure that the vehicle does not lose balance when you turn it on.
- A user’s action is required to make Segway go forward and it can be achieved by the shifting the weight to the front. As for the reverse you need to do the same thing. But here you have to move the weight backward on the platform.
- Segway increases the speed when you shift the weight forward and decreases the speed when you do the opposite.
- The weight shifts are detected by special gyroscoping and level sensors.
- And for launching it, the user needs to press the handlebar to the left or right.
- The Segway PT can maintain the speed of 12.5 miles in an hour and it is based on the electric engine making any tour easy and comfortable.
A visit to Swedish capital is a great opportunity to try Segway in action. Segway is an ecologically friendly vehicle with such advantages like easiness, relatively high, but safe speed and intuitive controls. A special helmet and safety instructions are very important anyway.
There are only very few restrictions regarding Segway usage. A user must be above twelve years of age to get the permission for this ride and the weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.