Ten Fascinating Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most resourceful world cities. The majority of trends in music, fashion, design, innovations appeared here before they became popular globally. Outstanding cultural background and exciting history with trendy cafes and restaurants make Stockholm a great place to come to. The warm ambience and natural beatiful of this place encourage tourists to come and to enjoy all the amazing attractions making Stockholm admirable. At the last, there is a great chance for discovering Stockholm on a comfortable and fast vehicle absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
It’s really great that you are an experienced traveler who has discovered an endless numer of world attractions, however Segway tours in Stockholm will definitely become something new for you. A car or a bus will never substitute Segway with its simplicity and comfort.
You will definitely appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. As a big and developed city Swedish capital has endless number of points of interest and amusement opportunities. The best site to begin your walk around Stockholm is the magnificent Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with all its exciting museums, architecture and jazz music will a good option as the next place to check here in Stockholm.
This fantastic trip includes all famous Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. Such a trip will be more convenient with a fast and easy-to-use vehicle like Segway. A Segway trip is really amusing and grants a chance to see everything closer. We have prepared 10 cool facts about Segway. They will certainly help you make the right choice. Don’t think twice and read the facts from our list – you will know a great deal of new information there.
10 interesting facts about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT design includes power batteries, two wheels and self-balance technology.
- Segway vehicle was invented an engineer Dean Kamen.
- The funky vehicle maker is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The name Segway was built on the basis of the word “Segue” that means smooth moving. As for the PT it is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The processors and the motors that are placed into the base of the machine keeps the Segway vertical while the power is being used. That helps provide the right balance of Segway.
- A user’s command is required to make Segway drive forward and it can be achieved by the shifting the weight forward. As for the backward one needs to do the same thing. But in this case you need to put the weight back to the platform.
- During the ride shift the weight to the front or to the back to make speed higher or lower.
- The weight shifts are detected by high-tech leveling and gyroscopic sensors.
- Push the handlebar to the left or to the right to start driving.
- The Segway PT is able to reach the maximum of 12.5 miles per hours and it is based on the electric engine that make any trip comfortable and easy.
If you are going to come to Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to get pleasure from this unique Segway trip. All in all, it is not that accessible in other parts of the world. You don’t need teacher to drive Segway, everything is really easy to understand and you will quickly get how the vehicle works. But please don’t forget to use a helmet and to follow the instructions to avoid unwanted risk.
Segway is allowed for almost all with few restrictions. A driver should be above 12 years of age to obtain permission for such a trip and his weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.