Ten Fascinating Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of glory and innovation. A lot of globally known up-to-date solutions and fashion trends born here. Outstanding cultural heritage and exciting history together with stylish restaurants and cafes make Stockholm a good place to come to. There are lots of things making people admire Stockholm – charming nature, cityscape and friendly environment. Moreover, there is a fantastic chance for exploring the capital on a comfortable and fast transport which is absolutely harmless for the environment – Segway.
It’s really awesome that you are an experienced tourist who has been to a lot of world points of interest, but Segway tours in Stockholm will certainly become something new for you. A bus or a car are unable to replace Segway with its simplicity and convenience.
One will definitely appreciate the spirit of adventure of Stockholm. Stockholm offers all kinds of amusement facilities for the most picky visitor. You can start the tour from the Royal palacewhich is famous home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most distinctive attractions of Europe. The next waypoint can be the Skeppsholmen Island. It was a military base but later became a cultural center of entire Stockholm.
In this tour, you will see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the home where the Nobel Banquet is held which is the most famous building of the Swedish capital. Segway is definitely the best kind of transport for such a tour. In a word, Segway is a very attractive alternative to going on foot – you have totally the same access level to everything but with much higher speed. We have 10 interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will definitely convince you to make the right choice. And don’t underrate these facts prepared especially for you, they are really informative.
10 interesting facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, two wheels and self-balancing technology.
- The Stockholm Segway was invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- This ingenious two-wheeled device is manufactured by the Segway Inc. Situated in New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” acted as a root for the uncommon name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is just an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The motors and the computers placed into the basic part of the machine keeps the Segway vertical when the power is on. That helps provide the balance of the vehicle.
- If you fear Segway controls – please relax, everything is very easy. Shift forward or to the back and thus move forward or backwards.
- During the tour shift the weight to the front or lean back to increase or decrease speed.
- Fluid-based gyroscopic and leveling sensors record the weight shift.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- Electric engine is able to reach impressive speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
A visit to Stockholm is a very good opportunity to try Segway in action. Segway is an eco-friendly transport which has such advantages like easiness, comfortable speed and user friendly controls. But remember to use a helmet and to follow all instructions to be on the safe side.
There are only few restrictions regarding Segway use. Actually the limitations concern age and weight only – the minimum age is 13 and the maximum weight is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.