10 Astonishing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of beauty and innovation. A lot of globally popular hi-tech solutions and fashion trends born here. Incredible cultural heritage and rich history together with stylish cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a great place to come to. The friendly atmosphere and natural beauty of the capital encourage visitors to get here and to enjoy all the amazing attractions making Stockholm admiring. One of the best Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an eco-friendly 2-wheel transport that creates a special feeling and makes your travel funnier.
Even the tourists with rich experience and thousands of visited cities and towns will be excited with the Segway tour around Stockholm. No other kind of transport is able to substitute the pleasure Segway can give.
Stockholm is a city of glory and outstanding adventures. As a big and up-to-date city Swedish capital has a great number attractions and entertainment facilities. Royal Palace is the home for the “royal blood” and a very convenient beginning point. It will inspire you for discovering Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with all its fantastic architecture, jazz music and museums will perfectly suit as a second place of interest to visit in Stockholm.
Almost all most famous buildings of Stockholm such as Royal Opera, Parliament House and City Hall will be available in this tour. Segway is certainly the most sensible mean of transport for this trip. Going by a Segway is very close to going on foot with one certain difference – you are much faster. If you wish to read more information about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the 10 interesting Segway facts which will give you a good glimpse about the tour. And don’t underrate these facts we’ve prepared for you, they all are really informative.
Ten amusing facts about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- The fame and popularity of the inventor of Segway belong to an American Dean Kamen.
- This ground-breaking two-wheeled vehicle is designed and made by the Segway Inc. That is located in New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” acted as a root for that a bit strange name Segway. “Segue” is a noun and a synonym of “smooth transporting”. PT is simply a short form of Personal Transportation.
- The machine is equipped with smart electronics and motor located in its base, and this is the reason why Segway does not lose the balance while it is turned on.
- A user’s command is necessary for making Segway drive to the front and it can be done by the putting the weight forward. As for the backing you need to do the same thing. But here you need to put the weight back to the platform.
- Segway speeds up when you lean forward and lowers it when you shift back.
- Segway quickly detects weight shifts with its fluid sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- Push the handlebar to the left or right to start driving.
- The highest possible speed Segway can reach is 12.5 mph and it is very convenient for urban driving.
A travel to Swedish capital is a good chance to check Segway in action. Another important thing is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and driving it is very easy and a total beginner can handle it without any problems. A special helmet and safety instructions are incredibly important anyway.
Segway is a machine allowed for nearly all with some limitations. Here are the requirements: a driver should be more than 12 years old and weigh not more than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.