10 Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Glory and inventiveness are the most known characteristics of Stockholm. Very few people know Stockholm as the city where many innovations and trends started. Incredible cultural background and rich history together with stylish cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a great place to come to. There are many things making people admire the capital of Sweden – charming nature, townscape and pleasant atmosphere. At the last, there is a fantastic chance for discovering Stockholm on a convenient and fast vehicle totally safe for the environment – Segway.
Even the tourists with rich experience and thousands of discovered cities and towns will be amazed with the Segway tour around Swedish capital. Travelling by bus, train or any other kind of transportation will hardly satisfy you much like riding Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm is a center of beauty and adventure. Here you will get all kinds of the entertaining opportunities to make your trip memorable and exciting. You can begin the journey from the Royal palacewhich is famous home of the royal family. It’s one of the most popular places of Europe. From the royal home, you can go to the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land before it was a naval post of Sweden, but now it is situated in the very center of Stockholm.
Nearly all most famous buildings of the Swedish capital such as City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be present in this tour. While preparing a plan of this trip, think about a Segway for better comfort. A Segway trip is very amusing and gives you a chance to see the things closer. If you wish to read more information about Segway in Stockholm – check out the ten funny facts about the Segway that can give you an glimpse about the tour. And our facts will help you better understand why this tour is so exciting and how can you enjoy it as well.
10 surprising things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT is an electric and eco-friendly personal transport that has two wheels and works on power batteries.
- The fame and popularity of the inventor of Segway belong to an American Dean Kamen.
- This creative two-wheeled rolling machine is manufactured by a company situated in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The uncommon word Segway is derived from the word Segue meaning “able to move smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the electronics put in the basic part of the machine makes the Segway upright all the time while the power is turned on. It helps maintain the balance of the vehicle.
- The controls are super easy – lean forward to go forward and lean the body back to move back, and that’s the deal!
- While balancing, the Segway records the changes in the meters and then maintains a proper speed, regulated by moving forward or backward.
- Segway easily detects weight shifting with its fluid sensors – gyroscopic and leveling.
- Press the handlebar to the right or left to launch Segway.
- The Segway PT can maintain the maximum of 12.5 miles in an hour and it is driven by the electric motors that make any trip easy and comfortable.
If you are going to visit Stockholm, use a great opportunity to experience this exclusive Segway tour. Finally, it is not available in other countries. One more important factor is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and handling it is very easy and a complete beginner can handle it without any difficulties. Anyway, right following the manual and wearing a helmet is necessary all the time.
Almost everyone is allowed to drive Segway. Actually the limitations concern age and weight only – the minimum age is 13 and the maximum weight is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.