Ten Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Beauty and inventiveness are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. A lot of globally popular hi-tech solutions and fashion trends born here. Cool bars and luxurious restaurants, nice cafes and pubs all make this historic city a desired holiday destination for tourists from different parts of the world. Talking about the things that tourists adore we should mention nice ambience, exciting nature and great city views. Moreover, there is a great chance for discovering the city on a comfortable and fast vehicle absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
Even the roadsters with rich and long experience and hundreds of discovered places will be excited with that Segway tour around Stockholm. No other kind of transport is able to replace the emotions Segway gives.
Stockholm is a capital of beauty and outstanding adventures. Stockholm offers all kinds of entertainment for the most picky visitor. A great point to begin your walk around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. From the royal home, you can get towards the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands before it was a military post of Sweden, but now it is situated in the very center of Stockholm.
Nearly all most popular buildings of the Swedish capital like City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be present in this tour. While planning this trip, consider doing it by a Segway for better convenience. Moving by a Segway is nearly equal to walking with one certain difference – you have higher speed. If you would like to read more about Segway in Stockholm here are the 10 surprising Segway facts which can give you a good idea about the trip. And don’t underrate the facts we have prepared especially for you, they all are really informative.
10 surprising things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT construction includes power batteries, a pair of wheels and self-balance technology.
- Dean Kamen is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This creative wheeled personal vehicle is manufactured by a company located in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” that means smooth transportation. And the PT is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The motors and the computers put into the base of the vehicle makes the Segway vertical all the time while the power is turned on. Such a technology helps maintain the balance of Segway.
- If you fear Segway controls – please relax, it’s incredibly simple. Lean forward or to the back and go forward or backwards.
- During the driving shift the weight to the front or to the back in order to make speed higher or lower.
- Fluid gyroscopic and leveling sensors notice the weight shift.
- Press the handlebar to the left or to the right to launch Segway.
- Electric motor lets achieve incredible speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
A travel to Stockholm is a great opportunity to try Segway on practice. Another important thing is that Segway is absolutely eco-friendly and using it is very easy so that a complete newbie can handle it without any difficulties. But please don’t forget to use a helmet and to properly follow all the instructions to avoid unneeded risk.
Almost everybody can drive Segway. A driver needs to be above twelve years to obtain the permission for such a trip and his maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.