Ten Astonishing Things About Segway Stockholm
Beauty and inventiveness are the main characteristics of Stockholm. Very few people know that Stockholm is the city where many innovations and trends started. Trendy bars and luxurious restaurants, nice cafes and pubs all make this fascinating city a very desired holiday destination for tourists from all over the world. The friendly atmosphere and natural beatiful of this city encourage people to get here and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties making Stockholm admirable. If you are searching for non-pollutant transport for exploring Stockholm you can choose Segway.
You might have been to most part of the world and might have experienced the nature beauties and elements of human culture, but Stockholm Segway guarantees you the unique experience. A bus or a car simply cannot replace Segway with its flexibility and comfort.
Stockholm has incredible atmosphere of beauty and adventure. As a big and up-to-date city Swedish capital has endless number of attractions sites and entertainment opportunities. You can begin your tour from the Royal palace, the home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most well-known places of the old world. The next waypoint can be the Skeppsholmen Island. The island was a military base but later turned into a cultural center of entire Stockholm.
This fantastic tour includes all famous buildings of Stockholm, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. While planning this Stockholm tour, you could choose a Segway for better comfort. A Segway tour is very funny and provides an opportunity to see the things closer. We have no doubts you are now interested in a Segway tour, right? Just take a look those ten amusing facts regarding Segway and reserve a tour. Don’t think twice and read the facts below – you will get lots of new details there.
10 surprising things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced vehicle which has 2 wheels and works on power batteries.
- The Stockholm Segway is invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- This unique wheeled rolling machine is manufactured by a company situated in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” that means smooth moving. And the PT is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s unbelievable balance is connected to computers and motor located in the bottom part of the machine. These smart electronics and motors guarantee that Segway will not lose balance when you turn it on.
- A user’s action is necessary for making Segway move forward and it can be done by the putting the weight forward. As for the backing you need to do exactly the same thing. But in this case you have to put the weight backward on the platform.
- Segway speeds up when you lean forward and lowers it when you shift back.
- The leans are noticed by special gyroscoping and level sensors.
- Press the handlebar to the right or left to start driving.
- Electric eco-friendly engine lets achieve convenient speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
If you are planning to visit Stockholm, use a great opportunity to get pleasure from this unique Segway tour. All in all, it is not that popular in other parts of the world. You have no need couch to master Segway, everything is very simple and you will soon have a hunch on how the vehicle works. However, right following instructions and wearing a helmet is absolutely necessary.
Segway is allowed for all with few limitations. Actually the limitations concern age and weight only – the minimum age is 13 and the maximum weight is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.