10 Astonishing Things About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and ingenuity are the most known characteristics of Stockholm. Only interested people know that Stockholm is the place where numerous trends and innovations appeared. Trendy bars and high-class restaurants, nice cafes and pubs make this historic city a desired holiday destination for the people of all over the world. There are lots of things making guests admire Stockholm – beautiful nature, townscape and friendly atmosphere. If you are looking for non-pollutant transport for discovering Stockholm you can choose Segway.
Even the roadsters with long experience and thousands of discovered cities will be amazed with that Segway tour around Stockholm. Moving by bus, train or any other kind of city transport will hardly satisfy you much like going by Segway in Stockholm.
You will highly appreciate the sense of adventure of Stockholm. As a large and well developed city Swedish capital has numerous attractions and entertainment opportunities. Royal Palace is the residence for the “royal blood” and a great beginning point. It will encourage you for further exploring Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with its unparalleled museums, jazz music and architecture will perfectly suit as the next point of interest to check in Stockholm.
This fantastic tour includes in its route all significant Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. This trip will be much better with a fast and easy-to-use transport solution like Segway. To be brief, Segway is a very attractive alternative to strolling – you have totally the same access to the points of interest but with much more speed and mobility. We have 10 amusing facts about Segway. Such a list will certainly convince you to make the right choice. And don’t undervalue these facts we have prepared especially for you, they all are really informative.
10 interesting facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, a pair of wheels and technology of self balancing.
- Dean Kamen from America is Segway inventor.
- The amazing vehicle producer is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway was obtained from the word Segue meaning “being able to drive smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- Segway has smart electronics and motor that are hidden in its main part, and this is why Segway does not lose its balance when it is turned on.
- The controls are incredibly simple – lean forward to move forward and lean the body back to go back, and that’s the deal!
- Having right balance, the Segway detects all changes in the distance and then adjusts a appropriate speed, controled by moving forward or backward.
- The weight shifts are recorded by high-tech gyroscoping and level sensors.
- Push the handlebar to the left or to the right to make Segway start.
- The Segway PT is able to maintain the maximum of 12.5 miles per hours and it is driven by the electric motors making any tour comfortable and easy.
A journey to Swedish capital is a good opportunity to check Segway on practice. You have no necessity in teacher to drive Segway, everything is very easy to understand and you will soon realize how this fabulous vehicle works. A helmet and safety instructions are very important anyway.
Nearly everybody can use Segway. One must be above 12 years of age to obtain permission for such a ride and his or her weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.