10 Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most inventive world capitals. Only interested people know that Stockholm is the capital where a great number of inventions and trends appeared. Stylish bars and fabulous restaurants, nice cafes and pubs make this old city a favorite holiday destination for the people of different parts of the world. The warm atmosphere and natural beatiful of the capital encourage visitors to come here and to enjoy all the great things that make Stockholm admirable. Moreover, there is an outstanding chance for exploring Stockholm on a comfortable and fast vehicle absolutely harmless for the environment – Segway.
It’s really great that you are an experienced traveler who has been to a lot of world attractions, but tours with Segway around beautiful Stockholm will definitely be something totally new for you. No other transport is able to substitute the feelings Segway can give.
One will highly appreciate the sense of adventure of Stockholm. Here you will get all the entertaining things to make your tour memorable and amusing. You can begin your tour from the Royal palacewhich is famous home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most well-known attractions of the old world. The next waypoint can be famous Skeppsholmen Island. This small piece of land lost among water used to be a military post but later evolved into a cultural center of entire Stockholm.
This amazing trip includes in its route all memorable Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. Segway is certainly the best solution for this trip. To put it shortly, Segway is a very attractive alternative to going on foot – you have the same access to all attractions but with much more speed and flexibility. We are sure you have got interested in Stockholm tour with a Segway, aren’t you? Check ten amusing facts about Segway and book a tour. And our facts will help you understand why this tour is so interesting and how can you enjoy it as well.
Ten amusing things about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- The popularity and fame of the Segway inventor belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- This unique two-wheeled vehicle is produced by a company basing in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The specific name Segway is derived from the word Segue which means “being able to transport smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the motors put in the basic part of the machine makes the Segway vertical all the time while the power is turned on. Such a technology lets provide the right balance of Segway.
- If you fear Segway controls – calm down, everything is incredibly easy. Lean forward or backwards and move forward or backwards.
- Segway speeds up when you shift the weight forward and decreases the speed when you lean backward.
- Fluid leveling and gyroscopic sensors record the weight movement.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- Electric eco-friendly engine allows to achieve comfortable and safe speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
A travel to Swedish capital is a very good opportunity to try Segway on practice. You don’t need couch to master Segway, everything here is very easy to understand and you will soon realize how this fabulous vehicle works. But please remember to put on a helmet and to properly follow the instructions to avoid unneeded risk.
There are only few restrictions regarding Segway use. A user must be above twelve years to obtain permission for such a trip and his weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.