Ten Astonishing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and ingenuity are the most important characteristics of Stockholm. Only interested people know Stockholm as the capital where a lot of inventions and trends started. People from across the world come to Stockholm to see its history, culture and, of course, trendy restaurants, bars and cafes. Talking about the things that people appreciate we should mention very warm ambience, exciting nature and great urbanscape. One of the main Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an eco-friendly 2-wheel transport that helps you move fast and makes your travel funnier.
It’s really awesome that you are an experienced tourist who has been to a lot of world attractions, but Segway tours in beautiful Stockholm will certainly be something new for you. Moving by bus, train and by any other source of city transport cannot bring you such a pleasure as moving by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm is a capital of glory and outstanding adventures. As a big and up-to-date city Stockholm has endless number of attractions and amusement opportunities. Royal Palace is the home for the Swedish royal family and a very convenient beginning point. It will inspire you for exploring Stockholm. From the royal home, you can go towards the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land before it was a military point of Sweden, but now it is located in the center of Stockholm.
This amazing trip includes in its route all significant buildings of Stockholm, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. While planning the trip, think about a Segway for better convenience. Going by a Segway is close to walking with one certain difference – you have higher speed. We bet you got interested in a Segway tour, right? Just take a look those ten amusing facts about Segway and book a journey. And the facts below will make you better understand why this tour is so exciting and why you will 100% enjoy it.
Ten amusing facts about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, two wheels and self-balancing technology.
- The popularity and fame of the inventor of Segway belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- The producer of the incredible vehicle moving on 2 wheels is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” served as a root for the a bit strange name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is just a short form of Personal Transportation.
- The electronics and the motors which are used in the basic part of the vehicle makes the Segway upright all the time while the power is turned on. Such a technology helps keep the right balance of Segway.
- If you worry about Segway controls – relax, it’s very simple. Lean forward or backwards and move forward or backwards.
- During the driving lean to the front or to the back in order to make speed higher or lower.
- Fluid leveling and gyroscopic sensors notice the weight shift.
- Press the handlebar to the left or to the right to start Segway.
- The Segway PT can achieve the maximum of 12.5 mph and it is driven by the electric motors that make any trip easy and comfortable.
A visit to Stockholm is a unique opportunity to try Segway on practice. You don’t need teacher to master Segway, everything is really easy to understand and you will soon have a hunch on how this fabulous vehicle works. A helmet and respect to safety instructions are very important anyway.
There are very few limitations on Segway use. Here are the requirements: a driver should be more than 12 years old and weigh not more than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.