10 Fascinating Things About Segway Stockholm
Glory and ingenuity are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. The majority of trends in music, fashion, technologies are invented here before they became popular worldwide. Guests from different countries come to Stockholm to see its history, cultural background and trendy cafes, bars and restaurants. The friendly atmosphere and natural beauty of the capital encourage people to come and to enjoy all the amazing attractions that make Stockholm admirable. If you are thinking about non-pollutant mean of transport for exploring Stockholm you could take Segway.
You might have seen many cities and may have a great understanding of the nature beauties and man-made miracles, but when it comes to Segway Stockholm you the unique experience. A car or a bus are unable to substitute Segway with its impressive simplicity and comfort.
Stockholm has unmatched ambience of adventure and beauty. As a big and developed city Swedish capital has numerous attractions and amusement facilities. Royal Palace is the residence for the “royal blood” and a very convenient beginning point. It will encourage you for discovering Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with its great architecture, jazz music and museums will be a good choice for the next point of interest to see in Stockholm.
This fantastic trip includes all famous buildings of Stockholm, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. While planning the tour, think about a Segway for better convenience. A Segway tour is really amusing and grants an opportunity to see everything closer. We have prepared ten interesting facts about Segway. They will certainly help you make the right choice. Don’t hesitate and check the facts – you will get a great deal of new things there.
Ten interesting things about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered vehicle with self-balance.
- The Stockholm Segway was invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- This creative wheeled personal vehicle is made by a company situated in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The name Segway was built on the basis of the word “Segue” meaning smooth transportation. And the PT is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- Segway has smart electronics and motor hidden in its basic part, and this is the reason why Segway does not lose the balance when it is turned on.
- The controls are incredibly easy – lean to the front to go forward and lean back to go back, and that’s it!
- Segway increases the speed when you lean forward and lowers it when you do the opposite.
- The weight shifts are detected by high-tech gyroscoping and leveling sensors.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- Electric eco-friendly engine is able to reach impressive speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
If you are going to go to Stockholm, use a great opportunity to experience this unique Segway trip. Finally, it is not that popular in other countries and cities. Another significant thing is that Segway is absolutely eco-friendly and using it is very easy and simple and a complete newbie can handle it without any difficulty. But please remember to wear a helmet and to follow the instructions to avoid any risk.
Almost everyone can use Segway. A driver needs to be above twelve years to obtain the permission for such a ride and his or her weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.