Ten Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of charm and innovation. A lot of trends in fashion, music, technologies are invented here before becoming popular in the world. Trendy bars and high-class restaurants, nice cafes and pubs make this historic city a desired holiday destination for travelers from different parts of the world. Speaking about the things that people adore we would like to mention nice environment, amazing nature and fine city views. One of the main attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly 2-wheel transport that brings much pleasure when driving and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
We believe that you are an experienced traveler who has discovered a lot of world attractions, but tours with Segway around Stockholm will certainly be something totally new for you. Travelling by bus, train and by any other kind of transportation will hardly satisfy you much like going by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm is a city of glory and adventure. Here you will find all kinds of the entertaining opportunities to make your travel enjoyable and exciting. An awesome site to begin your tour around Stockholm is the famous Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with its fantastic museums, jazz music and architecture will be a good choice for a second place to visit in Stockholm.
Nearly all most popular buildings of the Swedish capital such as Royal Opera, Parliament House and City Hall will be available in this tour. Segway is certainly the best mean of transport for this trip. Using a Segway is nearly equal to walking with one difference – you have higher speed. We have no doubts you have got interested in a Segway tour, aren’t you? Check out those ten amusing facts about Segway and book a tour. And the facts below will help you understand why this Stockholm tour is so exciting and you will appreciate it.
Ten amusing things about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- The laurels of the inventor of Segway belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- This ground-breaking 2-wheeled device is produced by the Segway Inc. That is located in New Hampshire.
- The specific word Segway was taken from the word Segue with the meaning “being able to go smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- Segway has motors and computers which are hidden in its basic part, and this is the reason why Segway does not lose its balance while it is turned on.
- If you fear Segway controls – calm down, it’s really easy. Shift to the front or backwards and move forward or backwards.
- During the ride shift the weight to the front or lean back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Fluid-based leveling and gyroscopic sensors notice the weight movement.
- Press the handlebar to the left or right to launch Segway.
- The maximum speed Segway can have is 20 kph and it is really convenient for driving in a street.
If you are going to go to Stockholm, try to get pleasure from this exclusive trip. All in all, it is not that popular in other parts of the world. Segway is an ecologically friendly vehicle having such advantages like simplicity, relatively high, but safe speed and user friendly controls. A helmet and safety instructions have great importance anyway.
Segway is a machine allowed for almost all with few restrictions. One needs to be above 12 years of age to obtain permission for such a trip and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.