Ten Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm could be called one of the most resourceful world capitals. A lot of trends in music, fashion, design, innovations are invented here before becoming popular globally. Tourists from across the world come to Stockholm to explore its history, cultural background and, of course, trendy restaurants, bars and cafes. The warm atmosphere and natural beatiful of this place encourage visitors to come here and to enjoy all the amazing attractions that make Stockholm admirable. At the last, there is an outstanding opportunity for discovering the city on a comfortable and fast vehicle absolutely harmless for the environment – Segway.
You may have seen many cities and might have enjoyed a great deal of the beauties of nature and elements of human culture, but Stockholm Segway guarantees you the unique experience. A bus or a train simply cannot replace Segway with its simplicity and comfort.
You will definitely appreciate the atmosphere of adventure of Stockholm. As a big and well developed city the capital of Sweden has numerous points of interest and amusement opportunities. You can start the trip from the Royal palacewhich is famous home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most distinctive historic building of Europe. Skeppsholmen island with its unparalleled architecture, jazz music and museums will a good option as the next point of interest to see in Stockholm.
This amazing tour includes in its route all memorable buildings of Stockholm, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. While planning the Stockholm tour, consider doing it by a Segway for better comfort. To be brief, Segway is a very attractive alternative to going on foot – you have the same access level to everything but with much higher speed. If you want to learn more information about Segway in Stockholm – check out the 10 surprising facts about the Segway which can give you an idea about the trip. And don’t underestimate these facts we’ve prepared for you, all of them are really useful and interesting.
10 interesting facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, a pair of wheels and self-balance technology.
- Dean Kamen is Segway inventor.
- This creative two-wheeled personal vehicle is produced by a company basing in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The word “Segue” was taken as a source for the a bit strange name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is simply an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The “dark” secret of Segway’s incredible balance is connected to motors and computers located in the bottom part of the machine. They guarantee that Segway does not fall when you turn it on.
- A user’s action is necessary for making Segway go forward and it can be done by the moving the weight to the front. As for the backing you need to do exactly the same thing. But here you need to shift the weight backward on the platform.
- During the tour shift the weight to the front or lean back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Fluid-based leveling sensors and the gyroscopic sensors notice the weight shift.
- Press the handlebar to the left or to the right to start driving.
- Electric motor allows to achieve incredible speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
If you want to check Segway on practice – go to Stockholm. Segway is an eco-friendly machine with such strong points like easiness, convenient speed and self-intuitive controls. Anyway, following safety instructions and using a helmet is absolutely necessary.
Nearly everybody is allowed to drive Segway. A user should be above twelve years to get the permission for such a journey and his weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.