10 Astonishing Things About Segway Stockholm
Glory and inventiveness are the main characteristics of the Swedish capital. A lot of trends in music, fashion, innovations, design were invented in this city before becoming popular globally. Incredible cultural background and fascinating history together with stylish cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a great place to come to. Talking about the things that people love we would like to mention nice ambience, amazing nature and great urbanscape. Moreover, there is an outstanding chance for discovering the capital on a convenient and fast vehicle which is absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
Even if you have been to many countries and may have experienced the nature beauties and human creation, but Segway ride in Stockholm guarantees that you the unique experience. No other transport is able to substitute the emotions Segway can give.
Stockholm is a capital of beauty and adventure. As a big and well developed city Stockholm has a great number attractions sites and amusement facilities. You can start your tour from the Royal palace, the home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most popular historic building of Europe. Skeppsholmen island with all its exciting architecture, jazz music and museums will perfectly suit as the next point of interest to see in Stockholm.
In this trip, you will be able to see the Royal dramatic theatre, Parliament House, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the place of the Nobel Banquet that is the most famous building of the Swedish capital. Segway is definitely the most reasonable solution for such a trip. A Segway trip is very funny and provides a chance to see all the things closer. We are sure you are now interested in a Segway tour, right? Check out those ten cool facts about Segway and reserve a trip. Don’t wait and check our list of facts – you will learn lots of new details there.
10 surprising facts about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- The popularity and fame of the inventor of Segway belong to an American Dean Kamen.
- This ingenious two-wheeled device is manufactured by the Segway Inc. That is situated in New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” served as a root for that a bit strange name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is just a short form of Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s perfect balance is tightly connected with motors and computers located in the lower part of the vehicle. They guarantee that Segway will not fall over when you turn it on.
- The controls are incredibly easy – lean forward to go forward and lean back to move back, that’s it!
- During the ride lean to the front or lean back in order to make speed higher or lower.
- The leans are noticed by high-tech gyroscoping and level sensors.
- And for launching Segway, the user should press the handlebar to the right or left.
- Electric eco-friendly engine can reach convenient speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
A journey to Stockholm is a great chance to try Segway in action. Segway is an ecologically friendly transport with such benefits like easiness, comfortable speed and intuitive controls. However, proper following instructions and using a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
Segway is allowed for nearly all with some limitations. One should be above 12 years of age to obtain the permission for a Segway ride and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.