10 Astonishing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most resourceful world cities. Only interested people know Stockholm as the capital where a great number of trends and innovations were implemented. Cool bars and fabulous restaurants, cozy cafes and pubs all make this historic city a very desired holiday destination for tourists from all over the world. Talking about the things that tourists adore we should mention nice environment, amazing nature and fine city views. One of the best attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly two wheeler that helps you move fast and makes your travel funnier.
You may have seen many cities and might have enjoyed a great deal of the nature beauties and human creation, but Segway ride in Stockholm guarantees that you the unique experience. No other kind of transport can replace the feelings Segway gives.
Stockholm has inimitable atmosphere of beauty and adventure. As a big and modern city the capital of Sweden has numerous points of interest and entertainment opportunities. A great place to begin your travel around Stockholm is the magnificent Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with its unparalleled museums, architecture and jazz music will perfectly suit as the next place of interest to see in Stockholm.
This fantastic trip includes all famous Stockholm buildings, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. While planning this tour, you could choose a Segway for better convenience. Moving by a Segway is almost like strolling with one certain difference – you can move faster. We are sure you have got interested in a Segway tour around Stockholm, aren’t you? Just take a look those ten interesting facts regarding Segway and book a tour. And the facts below will make you understand why this Stockholm tour is so easy and you will simply love it it.
10 interesting things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced personal transport which has 2 wheels and uses power batteries.
- Dean Kamen is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This innovative 2-wheeled device is manufactured by the Segway Inc. Situated in New Hampshire.
- The name Segway was built on the basis of the word “Segue” meaning smooth movement. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s perfect balance is connected to computers and engine which are located in the bottom part of the machine. They guarantee that the vehicle will not fall over when you turn it on.
- If you feel fear about Segway controls – please relax, it’s really easy. Shift forward or to the back and go forward or backwards.
- While balancing, the Segway notices all the changes in the meters and then sets the matching speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- Fluid gyroscopic and leveling sensors record the weight movement.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- The Segway PT can reach the speed of 12.5 mph and it is driven by the electric motors that make the street tour easy and comfortable.
A journey to Swedish capital is a very good chance to try Segway on practice. You have no necessity in teacher to drive Segway, everything is very easy to understand and you will quickly realize how the vehicle works. But don’t forget to use a helmet and to follow the instructions to avoid unwanted risk.
Nearly everybody can use Segway. One needs to be above twelve years to get permission for this ride and the weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.