10 Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the capital of beauty and invention. Very few people know that Stockholm is the place where a great number of inventions and trends were implemented. People from across the world come to Stockholm to explore its historical heritage, culture and trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. Speaking about the things tourists appreciate we would like to mention pleasant ambience, amazing nature and fine views. If you are thinking about non-pollutant mean of transport for discovering Stockholm you can take Segway.
Even if you have been to most part of the world and may have a great understanding of the nature beauties and human creation, but when it comes to Segway Stockholm you the unique experience. A bus or a train just cannot replace Segway with its simplicity and comfort.
Stockholm is a capital of glory and adventure. Here you will easily find all kinds of the entertaining opportunities to make your travel enjoyable and exciting. Royal Palace is the residential building for the royal family and a great beginning point. It will inspire you for exploring Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with all its exciting museums, jazz music and architecture will perfectly suit as the next point of interest to see here in Stockholm.
During this tour, you will be able to see the Royal dramatic theatre, Parliament House, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the place of the Nobel Banquet that is the most famous building of the Swedish capital. Segway is undoubtedly the best kind of transport for this trip. Moving by a Segway is very close to going on foot with one difference – you have higher speed. We have made up 10 interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will certainly persuade you to select the right option. And the facts below will help you better understand why this trip is so easy and you will simply love it it.
Ten amusing facts about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- Dean Kamen is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This innovative 2-wheeled device is designed and made by the Segway Inc. Located in New Hampshire.
- The specific word Segway is derived from the word Segue with the meaning “able to transport smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the electronics put in the basic part of the machine makes the Segway vertical when the power is turned on. Such a technology helps maintain the right balance of Segway.
- If you feel fear about Segway controls – calm down, it’s really simple. Shift to the front or backwards and thus go forward or backwards.
- Segway speeds up when you lean forward and lowers it when you lean backward.
- Fluid-based leveling sensors and the gyroscopic sensors record the weight shift.
- Push the handlebar to the left or right to start driving.
- The Segway PT can have the speed of 12.5 mph and it is driven by the electric motors making any trip easy and comfortable.
A travel to Stockholm is a unique chance to try Segway on practice. Segway is an ecologically friendly transport having such strong points like easiness, relatively high, but safe speed and intuitive controls. Anyway, following the manual and having a helmet is absolutely necessary.
There are only very few limitations on Segway usage. Actually the limitations concern age and weight only – the minimum age is 13 and the maximum weight is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.