10 Astonishing Things About Segway Stockholm
Beauty and ingenuity are the most important characteristics of Stockholm. A lot of trends in fashion, music, innovations, design appeared in this city before they got popular worldwide. Guests from different countries come to Stockholm to explore its historical heritage, cultural background and, of course, trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. Speaking about the things tourists appreciate we should mention nice ambience, exciting nature and great views. One of the major attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly two wheeler that creates a special feeling and makes your travel funnier.
It’s really awesome that you are an experienced tourist who has been to an endless numer of world attraction sites, but tours with Segway around beautiful Stockholm will certainly become something totally new for you. A car or a bus just cannot replace Segway with its flexibility and comfort.
Stockholm has unmatched spirit of adventure and beauty. Stockholm can offer absolutely any kind of entertainment for absolutely every person. Royal Palace is the residence for the royal family and a very convenient beginning point. It will encourage you for exploring Stockholm. The next attraction site can be the Skeppsholmen Island. The island used to be a military post but then became a cultural center of Stockholm and Sweden.
This amazing tour includes all memorable Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. Such a tour needs a fast and simple vehicle like Segway. A Segway trip is very exciting and provides a chance to see everything closer. If you would like to read more information about Segway in Stockholm – check out the ten interesting Segway facts which can give you a better idea about the trip. And don’t underestimate these facts we have prepared especially for you, they are really informative.
10 interesting things about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered vehicle with self-balance.
- Segway vehicle is invented an engineer Dean Kamen.
- This ingenious two-wheeled device is produced by the Segway Inc. Located in New Hampshire.
- The name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” meaning smooth transportation. And the PT is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The processors and the motors put in the basic part of the machine keeps the Segway upright while the power is on. That helps maintain the right balance of Segway.
- The controls are more than easy – lean to the front to move to the front and lean back to go backwards, and that’s the deal!
- During the ride shift the weight to the front or to the back in order to make speed higher or lower.
- Segway quickly detects weight shifting with its sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- To make the first move press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- Electric engine can reach comfortable and safe speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
If you wish to see and try Segway in real life – come to Stockholm. Segway is an eco-friendly vehicle having such strong points like easiness, convenient speed and intuitive controls. A special helmet and following safety instructions have incredible importance in all cases.
There are only very few limitations regarding Segway usage. A driver must be above twelve years to obtain the permission for a Segway trip and his weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.