Ten Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Glory and invention are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. The majority of trends in fashion, music, innovations, design appeared here before they got popular in the world. People from across the world come to Stockholm to see its historical heritage, culture and, of course, trendy restaurants, bars and cafes. The friendly atmosphere and natural look of this place encourage people to come here and to enjoy all the amazing attractions making Stockholm admirable. If you are looking for eco-friendly mean of transport for discovering Stockholm you could choose Segway.
You may have been to most part of the world and may have experienced the beauties of nature and man-made miracles, but Stockholm Segway guarantees you the unique experience. Moving by bus, train and by any other kind of city transport will not bring you such a pleasure as moving by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm has inimitable spirit of charm and adventure. As a large and well developed city the capital of Sweden has endless number of attractions and amusement facilities. Royal Palace is the home for the “royal blood” and a good beginning point. It will inspire you for discovering Stockholm. From the royal palace, you can go towards the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands long ago used to be a military post of the Swedish fleet, but now it is located in the center of Stockholm.
Almost all most important buildings of the Swedish capital like City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be available in this tour. While preparing a plan of the Stockholm tour, you could choose a Segway for better convenience. Using a Segway is nearly equal to strolling with the only difference – you are much faster. If you want to read more about Segway in Stockholm here are the 10 funny facts about the Segway that can give you a better glimpse about the tour. And the facts below will make you understand why this trip is so easy and how can you enjoy it as well.
10 interesting things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced vehicle which has two wheels and works on power batteries.
- Segway vehicle is invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- The funky vehicle producer is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The unusual Segway comes of the word “Segue” meaning smooth transportation. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- Segway is equipped with motor and electronics hidden in its base, and this is why Segway never loses its balance when turned on.
- If you feel fear about Segway controls – please relax, it’s very simple. Lean to the front or to the back and drive forward or backwards.
- During the tour lean to the front or to the back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Fluid-based gyroscopic and leveling sensors detect the weight shift.
- Press the handlebar to the left or right to launch Segway.
- The maximum speed Segway can have is 20 kph and it is really convenient for urban driving.
A travel to Stockholm is a very good opportunity to check Segway in action. You don’t need couch to drive Segway, everything here is very simple and you will soon get how the vehicle works. A special helmet and safety instructions are incredibly important anyway.
Segway is allowed for almost everybody with few limitations. Actually the limitations concern age and weight only – the minimum age is 13 and the maximum weight is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.