10 Interesting Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is one of the most resourceful capitals. A great deal of globally popular hi-tech solutions and culture trends born here. People from across the world visit Stockholm to enjoy its history, culture and, of course, trendy cafes, bars and restaurants. Speaking about the things that tourists like we should mention nice environment, exciting nature and fine urbanscape. If you are looking for eco-friendly mean of transport for exploring Stockholm you can select Segway.
Even the roadsters with long experience and a great number of discovered cities will be steamed up with that Segway tour around Swedish capital. A bus or a car simply cannot replace Segway with its impressive simplicity and comfort.
Stockholm is a capital of glory and outstanding adventures. Here you will easily find all kinds of the entertaining things to make your trip unforgettable and amusing. A great place to begin your walk around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. From the royal home, you can get to the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land before it was a military post of Sweden, but now it is situated in the heart of Stockholm.
Almost all most significant buildings of the Swedish capital like Royal Opera, Parliament House and City Hall will be included in this tour. Segway is certainly the best kind of transport for such a trip. Going by a Segway is very close to going on foot with the only difference – you have higher speed. If you would like to learn more information about Segway in Stockholm here are the ten funny facts about the Segway which will give you an idea about the tour. And these facts will make you realize why this tour is so exciting and why you will 100% enjoy it.
Ten interesting facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT design includes power batteries, two wheels and self-balance technology.
- The popularity and fame of the Segway inventor belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- This unique two-wheeled rolling machine is manufactured by a company located in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The strange name Segway comes of the word “Segue” that means smooth movement. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The processors and the engine that are placed in the foundation of the machine keeps the Segway upright while the power is on. It helps maintain the balance of the vehicle.
- The controls are incredibly easy – lean forward to drive to the front and lean the body back to go backwards, that’s it!
- During the tour shift to the front or to the back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Fluid gyroscopic and leveling sensors record the weight movement.
- And for launching it, the driver needs to press the handlebar to the left or right.
- The Segway PT is able to maintain the maximum of 12.5 mph and it is based on the electric motors that make the tour comfortable and easy.
If you want to try Segway on practice – come to Stockholm. Segway is an eco-friendly machine that has such benefits like easiness, convenient speed and self-intuitive controls. A helmet and acting according to safety instructions are incredibly important in all cases.
There are only very few restrictions on Segway usage. One must be above 12 years of age to get the permission for this journey and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.