Ten Fascinating Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of beauty and resourcefullness. A lot of globally spread up-to-date solutions and fashion trends born here. Stylish bars and high-class restaurants, cozy cafes and pubs all make this historic city a desired holiday destination for the people of all over the world. The friendly environment and natural beatiful of this place encourage visitors to get here and to enjoy all the great things making Stockholm admirable. One of the major attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly two wheeler that helps you move fast and makes your travel funnier.
You may have seen most part of the world and may have enjoyed a great deal of the beauties of nature and elements of human culture, but Stockholm Segway guarantees you the unique experience. Moving by train, bus and by any other source of public transport cannot bring you such a pleasure as driving Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm is a center of glory and outstanding adventures. Stockholm offers kinds of entertainment for the most picky guest. You can begin your trip from the Royal palace, the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most popular places of the old world. The next point to stop could be the Skeppsholmen Island. The island was a military base but then evolved into a cultural center of entire Stockholm.
This fantastic trip includes in its route all significant buildings of Stockholm, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. This trip needs a flexible and simple transport solution like Segway. Going by a Segway is close to strolling with one difference – you can move faster. We bet you have got interested in a Segway tour around Stockholm, right? Check those ten amusing facts regarding Segway and book a trip. Don’t hesitate and check the facts – you will know a lot of new information there.
10 amusing things about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- The laurels of the inventor of Segway belong to Dean Kamen.
- This creative two-wheeled personal vehicle is produced by a company situated in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The uncommon word Segway was obtained from the word Segue with the meaning “able to go smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the electronics used into the base of the vehicle makes the Segway vertical when the power is on. Such a technology helps keep the balance of the vehicle.
- A user’s command is necessary for making Segway drive forward and it can be achieved by the putting the weight to the front. As for the reverse one needs to do exactly the same thing. But in this case you have to move the weight back to the platform.
- During the tour shift to the front or to the back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Fluid gyroscopic and leveling sensors record the weight shift.
- And for making it run, the driver should press the handlebar to the right or left.
- The maximum speed Segway may achieve is 12.5 miles per hour which is very convenient for driving in a street.
A travel to Stockholm is a good opportunity to try Segway on practice. Segway is an eco-friendly vehicle with such advantages like easiness, relatively high, but safe speed and user friendly controls. A special helmet and safety instructions have great importance in all cases.
There are only few restrictions regarding Segway usage. Here are the requirements: a driver should be more than 12 years old and weigh not more than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.