10 Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Beauty and invention are the most important characteristics of the Swedish capital. A lot of globally popular modern technologies and culture trends born here. Outstanding cultural background and rich history together with stylish restaurants and cafes make Swedish capital a worthy place to come to. The friendly ambience and natural beauty of the capital encourage people to get here and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties making Stockholm admirable. Moreover, there is a great opportunity for exploring the city on a comfortable and fast transport absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
We believe that you are a sophisticated traveler who has seen a great deal of world points of interest, but Segway tours around Stockholm will certainly be something new for you. No other transport can replace the pleasure Segway gives.
Stockholm is a capital of beauty and outstanding adventures. Here you will get all kinds of the entertaining things to make your trip unforgettable and exciting. An awesome site to begin your travel around Stockholm is worldwide known Royal palace. From the royal residence, you can move towards the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands used to be a military point of Sweden, but now it is located in the center of Stockholm.
This fantastic trip includes in its route all memorable buildings of Stockholm, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. Segway is definitely the best mean of transport for such a trip. Driving a Segway is almost like walking with one certain difference – you can move faster. We bet you are now interested in a Segway tour around Stockholm, aren’t you? Just take a look those ten cool facts regarding Segway and book a tour. And these facts will make you understand why this tour is so interesting and how can you enjoy it as well.
Ten surprising things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, two wheels and self-balancing technology.
- Segway vehicle is invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- The producer of the incredible vehicle moving on two wheels is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The specific word Segway was obtained from the word Segue meaning “being able to transport smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The machine has engine and computers hidden in its basic part, and this is why Segway does not lose its balance when it is turned on.
- If you are afraid of Segway controls – relax, it’s really easy. Shift to the front or backwards and move forward or backwards.
- During the tour shift to the front or to the back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Segway notices weight shifts with its fluid-based sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- Push the handlebar to the left or right to start driving.
- The Segway PT can achieve the speed of 12.5 miles in an hour and it is based on the electric engine making any trip comfortable, safe and easy.
If you want to check Segway in action – come to Stockholm. Segway is an eco-friendly machine which has such advantages like simplicity, comfortable speed and user friendly controls. However, following all safety instructions and using a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
Segway trip is allowed for all with some restrictions. One must be above twelve years of age to obtain permission for this journey and his or her maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.