You can book 60 days before the event.
January 6, 10:00 - 11:30
Our meeting point is right outside metro station /subway station/
GAMLA STAN exit to OLD TOWN.
NORDIC FREEDOM TOURS®
WHAT’S IN OUR TOUR? Gamla Stan( Old Town )is a medieval shrine witnessing historic events. Gamla Stan has been largely preserved through the ages. Why is the narrowest alley only 90 cm ? What is the meaning of mysterious metallic house signs ? Why doesn’t the King of Sweden wear a crown ? DURATION approx. 1 Hour and 30 minutes WHO? Look for the guide with our sign “Free Walking Tour Stockholm” NORDIC FREEDOM TOURS® HIGHLIGHTS
- The German Church Founded in 1571 the church is located in a neighbourhood that was dominated by Germans in the Middle Ages.
- Alley of Mårten Trotzig The narrowest street in Stockholm at 90cm across (35 inches).
- The Iron Square The second oldest square in Stockholm dating back to the 1300’s.
- Merchant’s Square It was a thoroughfare between two main squares and contains a copy of the sculpture “Sankt Göran och draken”.
- Iron Boy Known in English as the “little boy who looks at the moon”.
- Fifteen centimetres high it is the smallest public statue in Stockholm.
- The Royal Palace Official residence and major royal palace of the Swedish monarch.
- The Great Church It is the oldest church in Gamla Stan and was founded in the 13th century.
- The Big Square The oldest square in Stockholm and forms the heart of Gamla Stan.
- The Nobel Museum Is a museum devoted to circulating information on the Nobel Prize and the founder of the prize Alfred Nobel.
- The Priest’s Street Home to the “Rune Stone” believed to date back to the 1000’s being about 200 years older than the city.
- The House of Nobility Originally used by the aristocracy for meetings of parliament.
- Riddarholm Church This is the burial church of the Swedish monarchs and is one of the oldest churches in Stockholm.
- Birger Jarls Square The square was renamed after the traditionally attributed founder of Stockholm
- Please note that organised groups consisting of more than 10 people must book a private tour . Any organised group of tourists /schools, students, any commercial and non-profit companies and organisations/will NOT be allowed on our free of charge walking tours. You are welcome book a private tour in advance at an affordable price.
- What if I am late?
- Each tour starts exactly on time so please try to be punctual. The tour leaves the meeting point in about 5-7 minutes after the start time out of respect for those who did arrive on time.
- Sorry I’m late, could you wait for me 5 -10 min.?
- No it’s not possible.
OUR MEETING POINT
click on the map