Starts in 16 Hours, 52 Minutes
December 9, 2019 13:00 - 14:30
Mälartorget 8, 111 27 Stockholm, Sweden
NORDIC FREEDOM TOURS®
WHAT’S IN OUR TOUR?
Gamla Stan( Old Town )is a medieval shrine witnessing historic events. Gamla Stan has been largely preserved through the ages. Why is the narrowest alley only 90 cm ? What is the meaning of mysterious metallic house signs ? Why doesn’t the King of Sweden wear a crown ?
approx. 1 Hour and 30 minutes
Look for the guide with our sign “Free Walking Tour Stockholm”NORDIC FREEDOM TOURS®
- The German Church Founded in 1571 the church is located in a neighbourhood that was dominated by Germans in the Middle Ages.
- Alley of Mårten Trotzig The narrowest street in Stockholm at 90cm across (35 inches).
- The Iron Square The second oldest square in Stockholm dating back to the 1300’s.
- Merchant’s Square It was a thoroughfare between two main squares and contains a copy of the sculpture “Sankt Göran och draken”.
- Iron Boy Known in English as the “little boy who looks at the moon”.
- Fifteen centimetres high it is the smallest public statue in Stockholm.
- The Royal Palace Official residence and major royal palace of the Swedish monarch.
- The Great Church It is the oldest church in Gamla Stan and was founded in the 13th century.
- The Big Square The oldest square in Stockholm and forms the heart of Gamla Stan.
- The Nobel Museum Is a museum devoted to circulating information on the Nobel Prize and the founder of the prize Alfred Nobel.
- The Priest’s Street Home to the “Rune Stone” believed to date back to the 1000’s being about 200 years older than the city.
- The House of Nobility Originally used by the aristocracy for meetings of parliament.
- Riddarholm Church This is the burial church of the Swedish monarchs and is one of the oldest churches in Stockholm.
- Birger Jarls Square The square was renamed after the traditionally attributed founder of Stockholm
Please note: The above route is subject to changes without prior notice
WHERE AND WHEN? Our Free Tour Stockholm Old Town start on time every day at 10.00 and 13.00 rain or shine and last a leisurely 1 hour and 30 minutes.
We meet outside the subway station at Gamla stan. We finish our tour in the Old Town.
*Please note that organized groups consisting of more than 10 people must book a private tour . Any organized group of tourists /schools, students, any commercial and non-profit companies and organizations/will NOT be allowed on our free of charge walking tours. You are welcome book a private tour in advance at an affordable price.
OUR MEETING POINT
click on the map