10 Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most innovative world cities. A lot of trends in music, fashion, technologies are invented here before becoming popular worldwide. Cool bars and luxurious restaurants, notable cafes, pubs make this historic city a desired holiday destination for tourists from all over the world. There are many things making people admire the capital of Sweden – beautiful nature, townscape and pleasant ambience. At the last, there is a great opportunity for discovering Stockholm on a convenient and fast transport totally harmless for the environment – Segway.
We believe that you are a sophisticated roadster who has seen a lot of world attraction sites, however tours with Segway in Stockholm will definitely be something totally new for you. No other kind of transport can substitute the pleasure Segway can give.
Stockholm has exciting spirit of charm and adventure. Here you will find all the entertaining things to make your tour enjoyable and interesting. Royal Palace is the home for the royal family and a great beginning point. It will encourage you for exploring Stockholm. The next attraction site could be the Skeppsholmen Island. The island used to be a military base but later became a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
Nearly all most important buildings of Stockholm such as Royal Opera, Parliament House and City Hall will be present in this tour. This trip will be much better with a fast and simple vehicle like Segway. Going by a Segway is very close to walking with one difference – you have higher speed. We are sure you have got interested in a Segway tour around Stockholm, right? Just take a look those ten interesting facts about Segway and reserve a tour. Don’t wait and check our list of facts – you will know a great deal of new details there.
10 interesting facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, two wheels and technology of self balancing.
- Dean Kamen from America is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- The producer of the funky vehicle based on two wheels is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The unique name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” meaning smooth movement. As for the PT it is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The electronics and the engine that are placed into the base of the vehicle makes the Segway upright while the power is on. Such a technology helps provide the balance of the vehicle.
- If you worry about Segway controls – calm down, everything is incredibly simple. Shift forward or to the back and thus go forward or backwards.
- Segway picks up the speed when you shift the weight forward and lowers it when you lean backward.
- Fluid-based leveling and gyroscopic sensors detect the weight movement.
- Press the handlebar to the left or right to start driving.
- The maximum speed Segway can have is 12.5 mph which is incredibly convenient for driving in a street.
A trip to Stockholm is a unique opportunity to try Segway on practice. You have no need teacher to drive Segway, everything is really simple and you will soon have a hunch on how this fabulous vehicle works. Anyway, strict following instructions and using a helmet is necessary all the time.
Segway is a machine allowed for all with some restrictions. One should be above 12 years to get permission for a Segway trip and his or her weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.